Players Who Have Been Garbage Since I Acquired Them - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Players Who Have Been Garbage Since I Acquired Them

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Players Who Have Been Garbage Since I Acquired Them

Postby birty74 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:13 pm

[rant]
I have made some big trades this season.

Here are the players who I've acquired within the last month who have been nearly worthless to my team, and continue to be so on a daily basis:

Albert Pujols
David Wright
Carl Crawford

I run out a daily lineup that looks like this:

C: Russ Martin
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Ray Durham (soon to be Chase Utley; I just dealt for him b/c my offense still blows)
SS: Orlando Cabrera
3B: David Wright
OF: Carl Crawford
OF: Juan Pierre
OF: Juan Rivera
Util: Either Helton, Edmonds, Hunter, or Teahen (depends on who's hot at the time)

This is in a 13-team league with 25-man rosters. Would you expect this offense to regularly manage seven hits a game? Would you expect this offense to go days at a time without a homerun? Would you expect that this team has flirted a handful of times in the last month with getting five or less hits a night, and has three times managed only three? Would you expect that my offense has gotten worse since acquiring these three players, with my batting average decreasing from .292 to .285 and my power numbers remaining the same or dipping slightly?

If it wasn't for Durham, Teahen, and Rivera, I don't know where I'd be this month (all three WW pickups).

I'm in third place and have two months to make up the ground separating me and the first place guy. If Utley goes cold as soon as he joins my team, I'm going to blow a gasket.

I've f'n had it.
[/rant]
Last edited by birty74 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birty74
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Young 8 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:26 pm

I have Pujols so........please sell him

!+)
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:37 pm

Young 8 wrote:I have Pujols so........please sell him

!+)

that's whats wrong w/ crawford. hey, are you about to land hafner too, because his production is down. Please stay away from Soriano and Reyes.

anyway. You have a good team, they're just all in a slump. Hopefully they'll bounce out of it soon.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:32 pm

obviously they'll bounce out of the slump sooner or later. You have to trust that guys that have proven to be productive hitters...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby colemwi » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:54 pm

i traded for abrue chavez thome and giambi and between them they all suck. Look at these horrendous numbers for me
Abreu .224 0 hr 8 rbi 9 runs
Chavez 208 4 hr 17 rbi 20 runs
Thome 240 3 hr 5rbi 10 runs (hurt)
Giambi .185 3 hr 9rbi 10 runs
colemwi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Starkmadfan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:11 pm

Traded for Scott Rolen - he hasn't hit a home run since

Grabbed Jim Edmonds - he has had one home run since
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby joselnceldran » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:25 pm

I have pujols, wright and an. jones all have sucked the whole month with pujols missing a few games too. they really kill you in a h2h league when they slump all together! whats wrong with wright? 26 LOB in 5 games!!! what a sham. with great hitters infront of him he's wasting his chances..he's not even getting SBs anymore. this guy has really been a bum in the last month. i hope he turns things around asap.
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AmericanShipbuilding » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:35 pm

As an aside: How on earth did you manage to acquire Pujols, Wright and Crawford via trade over the course of one season, much less one month? They're all first-round picks! Who did you trade to get them?
Last edited by AmericanShipbuilding on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmericanShipbuilding
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AmericanShipbuilding » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:40 pm

[after re-reading your original post]

AND you just got Chase Utley??? Good lord! I really need to know what you gave up to get these four players over the course of one month.
AmericanShipbuilding
College Coach
College Coach

Postby birty74 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:57 pm

The trades I have made in the order they went down:

1) I get Eric Chavez | I give Joe Nathan
2) I get Andy Pettitte | I give Francisco Cordero and Jose Valverde
3) I get Johan Santana | I give Miguel Cabrera
4) I get Orlando Cabrera | I give Marcus Giles and Justin Verlander (I thought I was selling high on JV)
5) I get Chase Utley | I give Roger Clemens
6) I get Juan Pierre | I give Michael Barrett and Magglio Ordonez (overpaid for speed)
7) I get Jim Edmonds, Carl Crawford, David Wright, and Dan Wheeler | I give Bobby Abreu, Chase Utley, Joel Zumaya, and Chris Young
8) I get Marcus Giles and Albert Pujols | I give Mark Loretta, Carlos Lee, and Dave Bush
9) I get Dave Ross | I give Brad Lidge
10) I get Erik Bedard and Todd Helton | I give Paul Konerko
11) I get Chase Utley and Jon Lieber | I give Kelvim Escobar, Brett Myers and Kevin Youkilis

No funny business. No colluding. Just selling and talking and working the phones, making my players look like they're exactly what the other guy needs. A few of my trades didn't work, several of them did (or I expect they will over the long-haul).

We are a league of friends, and the transactions fly fast and furious. We don't believe in vetoing trades unless there's evidence of cheating (because we don't believe that friends would cheat one another). Not surprisingly, my recent deal to re-acquire Chase Utley raised the ire of a few guys in the league. Since the transaction went down, the guy I traded with has defended the move and swears up and down that it was what he needed to remake a pitching staff that he had at one time traded into oblivian. Admittedly, he has rebuilt it in a way that will allow him to win a $300 side-bet. I guess he thought that the pitchers I had would allow him to defeat the guy he bet with. I grabbed Utley in return.

I'm not complaining any.
birty74
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates