Wheeler? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Wheeler?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:13 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
Starkmadfan wrote:
spamnon wrote:wheeler had to come in again to save the game last night when Lidge couldn't. Granted he wasn't perfect, by walking in an inherited runner, but he was still able to save the game. is houston so fed up with lidge, that wheeler is the man now? or do we still wait and se?

I have been back and forth with Wheeler and Lidge - I dropped Lidge and grabbed Wheeler when that rumor came out that the owner ordered him traded - and then grabbed Lidge again when he got that save and dropped Wheeler - now, I am just going to stick with Lidge and wait until official word - if it turns out I miss grabbing Wheeler again..........

At this point, it really doesn't matter, Lidge is too inconsistent to risk making him a starter in a weekly fantasy lineup

you dont drop Lidge for Wheeler, thats just not smart baseball.

the fact that he was able to pick lidge right back up makes the league sound even more suspect.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_harv88 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
Starkmadfan wrote:
spamnon wrote:wheeler had to come in again to save the game last night when Lidge couldn't. Granted he wasn't perfect, by walking in an inherited runner, but he was still able to save the game. is houston so fed up with lidge, that wheeler is the man now? or do we still wait and se?

I have been back and forth with Wheeler and Lidge - I dropped Lidge and grabbed Wheeler when that rumor came out that the owner ordered him traded - and then grabbed Lidge again when he got that save and dropped Wheeler - now, I am just going to stick with Lidge and wait until official word - if it turns out I miss grabbing Wheeler again..........

At this point, it really doesn't matter, Lidge is too inconsistent to risk making him a starter in a weekly fantasy lineup

you dont drop Lidge for Wheeler, thats just not smart baseball.

the fact that he was able to pick lidge right back up makes the league sound even more suspect.

agreed. Drop Lidge for someone who's not closing?? and then able to get him right back??? In my league Lidge would have been gone in a second... :-?
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates