Which team will win the American League West, A's or Halos ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which team will win the American League West, A's or Halos ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby A's » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:30 pm

After reading that, I now consider the Rangers more of a threat than the Angels :-o
If the rangers keep up like playing like they did in Minnesota, and the series against the Angels that is starting tonight, I will give them much more props. I personally think the Rangers are better than the overrated Angels
A's
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby michaelp » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:46 pm

A's wrote:After reading that, I now consider the Rangers more of a threat than the Angels :-o
If the rangers keep up like playing like they did in Minnesota, and the series against the Angels that is starting tonight, I will give them much more props. I personally think the Rangers are better than the overrated Angels

You confuse me, first you dont consider the rangers being a bigger threat than the angels and then you say they are better than the angels, lol I guess thats just blurry talk (excitement talk)
anyway,
I do agree with D Sheppard, the rangers should get more recognition. Tonight's Game will be Millwood vs. Je. Weaver, it will be a good game but Texas will win, because Weaver will see the Rangers new lineup, because like D Sheppard said with Teixeira hitting it takes the offense to a whole new level(scary).
michaelp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:18 am

A's wrote:
michaelp wrote:The Athletics should be the team to have the American League West crown

The angels will be in close second, it will be decided in the 4 game series(A's will win) at the end of the season

Mariners and Rangers are a toss up, both are good teams, it could possibly beat the angels for second

Angels are to overrated, if they did have such a good pitching staff, why did they Ace lose their first game and their other good pitcher melt in the 6th or 7th inning. Angels fans underestimate the Oakland rotation, Blanton was playing very solid that night and only lost the game due to his own mistakes. Haren seems to own the Angels. Zito having a good year because of his contract year, and no better time then this year, so the A's were smart by not trading him, it would of been seasoncide lol, E. Loiza is inconsistent but has nasty stuff, going 6+ innings the final game of the series and only giving up 2 runs. Komine looks like he will see some more starts, after pitching very well against the Jays, Windsor is as good or better as J. Saunders, just like Street, Windsor was a dominating Closer in College, I dont know if thats going to help him as a Starter but the A's might consider converting him to a reliever not a setup man, the A's already have Calero who ever since came from the Cardinals in the Mulder and Haren trade has shined, and plus the A's have the All-star J. Duscherer who has been out with injuries but pitching good now. and he will also get innings for the role of Setup man.

It it were to come down to pitching to win the division the A's would come on top. Not because of their rotation but the whole core of the pitching.

The A's just need to concentrate on getting healthy, if they wanna win games, they need Bradley to stop being like pre 06 Garciaparra(actually he recentley got hurt), and have a consistent offense perfoming runs. Utilizing Bradley the way they have lately is smart, but they have to be careful no to overuse him.

I agree :-)
I do gotta say the Angels have good bullpen too, shields hasn't been pitching good recently but they have jc romero , who played well for the twins last year and let's not forget Rodriguez who pitched well for his save in the second game against the A's

Umm... JC Romero has flat out sucked this year, I don't know which Romero you've been watching...
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby michaelp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:14 am

He's probably thinking of Donnelly,

Millwood was solid tonight but the Rangers bullpen blew it
michaelp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Laean » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:17 am

A's wrote:Listen Lameon ...

haha i am talking to a 10 year old.

And I should of known the critizicm came from an frustrated Angels fan.

i'm not frustrated. i'm just not delusional.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby michaelp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:29 pm

yeah he might be acting 10 years old but so are you, he is getting to you, he's making you defensive, you are a fool, both of you are delusional
michaelp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Laean » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:15 pm

michaelp wrote:yeah he might be acting 10 years old but so are you, he is getting to you, he's making you defensive, you are a fool, both of you are delusional

haha, well so are you. you fool you!

get real. if he was getting to me i'd post a lot more than just a quick comment like that while laughing it off. and no, i'm not delusional. tell me one thing i said that was not based on reality, except for the obviously facetious comment of him being a 10 year old of course.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby michaelp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:26 pm

Laean wrote:
michaelp wrote:yeah he might be acting 10 years old but so are you, he is getting to you, he's making you defensive, you are a fool, both of you are delusional

get real. if he was getting to me i'd post a lot more than just a quick comment like that while laughing it off. and no, i'm not delusional. tell me one thing i said that was not based on reality, except for the obviously facetious comment of him being a 10 year old of course.

Okay just don't say anything at all, you have just made yourself look beyond a fool. You are making a big deal out of this, just know when to be quiet. The retarded part is that, you are calling somebody a 10 year old when in fact you are the one instigating and acting like 10 year old "you fool you".
This quote describes you:
"You have smoked yourself retarded"

I am just joking, but take out the stick up your ass lol
michaelp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:28 pm

Alright, let's knock it off guys. :-°
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Laean » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:43 pm

michaelp wrote:
Laean wrote:

Okay just don't say anything at all, you have just made yourself look beyond a fool. You are making a big deal out of this, just know when to be quiet. The retarded part is that, you are calling somebody a 10 year old when in fact you are the one instigating and acting like 10 year old "you fool you".
This quote describes you:
"You have smoked yourself retarded"

I am just joking, but take out the stick up your ass lol

if you are going to tell someone to be the mature one and just stop responding, at least have the common sense to not insult him in the same post.

and that "you fool you!" was trying to make things lighter, an obvious joke, in case you didn't get that.

oh, and you're a dumbass. but i'm just joking too, so it's ok. (again, making light of what you did.)

bronxbombers, sorry. this will be my last post on this thread. hopefully michaelp will take his own advice and be mature enough to not feel the need to have the last word. i doubt it though. doesn't matter, since i won't be checking it anymore anyway.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers