injuries suck - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

injuries suck

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

injuries suck

Postby iftn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:04 pm

i cant believe how badly my team has been hit with injuries.

first i lost gagne all season (and hence saves have been my worse stat all season long). then kent went down. then guys like rios, reyes, pedro...now kazmir is out. and now liriano is hurt.

then i look at other rosters and they have no one hurt. NONE. why am i the only team getting hit with injuries? at least it seems so but im looking at the rosters right now and that is the case.

it sucks!
iftn
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:20 pm

yeah, injuries happen and they will ruin entire seasons (its happened to me before)...on a positive note it sounds as if liriano was just scratched as a precautionary measure and should be back for his next start ;-D
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby jeebas8280 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:26 pm

definitely sucks arse. I just acquired Thome in a deal for sexson and jered weaver and Sexson goes on a tear and Thome sits out. Probably the worst trade ive done in fantasy.
jeebas8280
College Coach
College Coach

Postby alwaysnextyear » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:56 pm

Mine hasn't been that bad until lately. Nomar, Pedro, Liriano, Rios.

I love to snatch a kiss and vice versa!!!
alwaysnextyear
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:20 pm

jeebas8280 wrote:definitely sucks arse. I just acquired Thome in a deal for sexson and jered weaver and Sexson goes on a tear and Thome sits out. Probably the worst trade ive done in fantasy.

i traded verlander and maggs for peavy...since then maggs has played well, verlander has continued to dominate and peavy has continued to suck...that was my worst deal, my reasoning behind it was verlander has too cool off and peavy has to start performing (i didn't think i could lose)

my second worst was trading mccann and chipper (right before his rediculous tear) for sheets...for a while this deal looked just absolutely horrible but i suppose with sheets dominating it worked out pretty well...these are the only two deals i've done this year
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby pangbones » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:43 am

Please. I have/had D Lee, E Chavez, Chipper, Berkman, Burrell, Rollins, Escobar, Cantu, Lugo, Willingham, and C Hamels. No one else in my league has had as many injuries as me. I'm still barely in 1st place though. ;-D :-o
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby iftn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:31 pm

wonderful. as if i havent had by far the worst injuries in the league, now webb goes down.
iftn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBV » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:16 pm

injuries are a huge part of fantasy baseball, just like in the real game. hopefully you can hang on, make some good moves, and some good pickups on the wire to compensate.

of course, some years, the injury bug gets ya and whatever you try to do doesnt seem to help. these are hard fantasy years to get through, but everyone has em. part of the game ;-)
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby StringerBell » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:41 pm

Actually for me, Ive had a few key injuries this year that greatly improved my team, so the injury thing cam go both ways.
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GrubNasty » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:10 pm

ive had 13 players that were on the 15 day DL at some point this year... averaging .72 injuries a week so far ?! but hey it keeps it interesting i suppose...it also makes the player injuries and updates forum feel like its specially tailored just for me, as i always have my players names in the post headings....
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates