....... He's not too bad...... ;-D

Over his last 89 ABs

.325-.330 avg
8 HR
27 RBI
28 RUNS
4 SB
1.000+ OPS

As a local Kansas Citian, I'm also getting the feeling that Gordon will have to play really well during spring training next year to get the starting job right outta the gates because it sounds like he will probably start the year in AAA next year. Maybe PlayingwithFire or some other KC guys can say if they get that same feeling?

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:02 am

Well the Royals have been on record for a while now as saying he will defiantly play in AAA. So if he doesn't get much time this year there, which seems to be the case, then I wouldn't doubt he would get time there at the start of next year.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby NatsFan10 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:22 pm

FYI, Gordon will not be playing for Team USA this season as was previously reported. He will stay in the minors the rest of the year, but should be a solid candidate for a September callup.

This info could affect many dynasty leagues....
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Postby winterball22 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:08 pm

That info, is what the Royals have been saying all year. Gordon won't be up before September, whether he plays for team USA or not.
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby NatsFan10 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:20 pm

winterball22 wrote:That info, is what the Royals have been saying all year. Gordon won't be up before September, whether he plays for team USA or not.

No, actually him and Butler were expected to miss half of August and most of September to play with Team USA, which would make them unable to get a September callup.

Now that Gordon isn't going to play for Team USA, he will have a great shot at getting a cup of coffee with KC in September.
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:31 pm

But he plays 3B, and Teahen is playing there for KC right now, who is doing a pretty good job from 3rd in the lineup
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby winterball22 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:38 pm

Who expected them to play for team USA?? The roster for the US national team was finalised July 5th. It's been almost a month. The Royals haven't inticipated Gordon or Butler going.
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hybrid » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:14 pm

winterball22 wrote:Who expected them to play for team USA?? The roster for the US national team was finalised July 5th. It's been almost a month. The Royals haven't inticipated Gordon or Butler going.

Earlier in the year it was expected that at least Gordon would go play for the USA team, though obviusly that isn't the case now.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby eazyb81 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:46 pm

winterball22 wrote:Who expected them to play for team USA?? The roster for the US national team was finalised July 5th. It's been almost a month. The Royals haven't inticipated Gordon or Butler going.

Um, actually, they were expected to play for USA this August and September. Butler actually talked about it in an interview at the Futures Game and it has been reported numerous times in the KC Star.

Might want to do some research before trying to call someone out.
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby winterball22 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by " call somebody out" .
Hybrid has answered my question. The futures game was July 9th, . The original post was in August. I guess I was curious to see if anything had changed and Hybrid has answered that.
thanks
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball