POOL A ROUND 1 VOTING [CLOSED] - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

POOL A ROUND 1 VOTING [CLOSED]

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:45 pm

Rodigee wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
You think that we do this on the spur of the moment? Of course I investigate these things. The fact is that in the baseball cafe you guys are posting from the exact same IP. And you are lying when you say that he is coming to your house b/c you are both posting from the university of Texas in Austin. We have also noticed how you two post and put 2 and 2 together.

I'm not new at this. Every single time we ban somebody for creating a second account they always have the same excuse - either a buddy or a little brother is using their computer.


Yes I do think you did this on the spur of the moment because it only took you a few hours to ban him/accuse me from when he made the said posts.

This is just getting embarassing for you now Mookie because, while I am living in Austin for the summer (it's where I'm from and Wranglers still lives) I DO NOT attend or have any connections what-so-ever to the University of Texas. Again, if you had talked to me for 30 seconds this would be evident.

Just look at my web address : http://people.TAMU.edu/~rmrod. Know what TAMU stands for? I'll give you a hint: it sure as heck isn't UT. And if anyone here knows an ounce about college rivalries they'd be with me when I say that I am completely insulted for you to make the assertion that I've been posting from UT.

Seriously man, I'm tired of this.


Nothing is done spur of the moment. The Mods have some great tools that give information very quickly. Takes less than one minute to pull your IP, along with every IP you've ever posted from, and also automatically cross checks those IP's with anyone else who's posted from any of your IP's.

Now if you want to clear this all up, I've got a simple question for you. How is it that both of you have posted from the exact same IP's in two different states? Some from Austin, Texas, some from Texas A&M University, and then also from a state not anywhere close to Texas. You said he's a "workout buddy". You fly him to and from both states, or what?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:06 am

I think that calls for an "O snap" :D
Image
*I created this sig
CrashOverrid3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 559
Joined: 2 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: MI

Postby Rodigee » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:30 am

Madison, if you could I'd like for you to PM me the details of this information becuase I honestly don't think it's even the least bit accurate. First Mookie accuses me of posting from UT, and now... well I honestly don't know what to say to this:

Fact: I have not been out of the State of Texas in well over a year. I joined this forum in OCT 2005. Someone please do the math for me on that one... However, if you woudn't mind I'd love for you to tell me where your IP data says I've been.

Fact: Wranglers just got back from a trip to Boston/NYC, and I believe he took a family trip sometime in the past year to the Tennesse/Arkansas/Alabama region. Not that this matters becuase I highly doubt he had computer access, but I'm just letting you know so you can cross-reference it with your information.

Fact: It is IMPOSSIBLE for Wrangles to have posts from Texas A&M. Looking at his profile, his account was created 09 Jun 2006. A&M ended sometime in the middle of May. And neither I nor him (not sure why he'd be there in the first place, but whatever) have returned there since.

This isn't an idictment on anyone at the staff, but seriously guys this IP data you're using is so inaccurate it's sad. Again I invite you to talk to me. Reply to my PMs. Lets setup an aim chat or something because this is becoming embarassing for everyone involved.
Rodigee
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 13
Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:27 am

Rodigee wrote:Madison, if you could I'd like for you to PM me the details of this information becuase I honestly don't think it's even the least bit accurate. First Mookie accuses me of posting from UT, and now... well I honestly don't know what to say to this:

Fact: I have not been out of the State of Texas in well over a year. I joined this forum in OCT 2005. Someone please do the math for me on that one... However, if you woudn't mind I'd love for you to tell me where your IP data says I've been.

Fact: Wranglers just got back from a trip to Boston/NYC, and I believe he took a family trip sometime in the past year to the Tennesse/Arkansas/Alabama region. Not that this matters becuase I highly doubt he had computer access, but I'm just letting you know so you can cross-reference it with your information.

Fact: It is IMPOSSIBLE for Wrangles to have posts from Texas A&M. Looking at his profile, his account was created 09 Jun 2006. A&M ended sometime in the middle of May. And neither I nor him (not sure why he'd be there in the first place, but whatever) have returned there since.

This isn't an idictment on anyone at the staff, but seriously guys this IP data you're using is so inaccurate it's sad. Again I invite you to talk to me. Reply to my PMs. Lets setup an aim chat or something because this is becoming embarassing for everyone involved.


It's quite accurate actually. So accurate that we have nailed it down to an exact computer at a university before (simple case, two spamming idiots at the exact same time sitting next to each other in a university library that had 12 computers. They were reported and dealt with accordingly). Neither here nor there though, the tools used to get the information is quite accurate.

As to Mookie naming the wrong college, blame it on him being a Canadian. :-D I'm in Texas and know the colleges pretty well down here and can tell you that you've posted from A&M, not UT.

To dispute the first fact, I'll send it in a PM, but both of you have posted from outside of Texas, and from the exact same computer in another state. I'll provide the city and state in the PM.

As to your second fact, the IP you two have shared from outside of Texas has nothing to do with Tenn/Ark/Ala, so if it's a fact he traveled, it's still irrelevant to this discussion.

As to the third "fact", college campus libraries are typically open during summer break, not to mention that they offer summer classes, so there's plenty of ways for either of you to have posted from there.

So your "facts" don't add up to much. I'd reply to your PM if you had sent one, but you didn't, so I'll send one to you instead. You've mentioned "embarassed" twice now and I would suggest that you knock it off. Our data is accurate and we've got the facts. The only "embarassment" here is the fact that we've let this drag on for so long. Anyway, I'll PM you and we'll get this cleared up one way or the other. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:20 am

Is voting over soon? Can this thread die yet?
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:27 am

bigh0rt wrote:Is voting over soon? Can this thread die yet?

Voting closes today, but dem warriors is on the West coast so he might not be up yet. Hopefully we'll have our assignments for the next round soon, I can't wait to make my next one. ;-D
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:42 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Is voting over soon? Can this thread die yet?

Voting closes today, but dem warriors is on the West coast so he might not be up yet. Hopefully we'll have our assignments for the next round soon, I can't wait to make my next one. ;-D


Thank you, and agreed.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby dem warriors » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:21 pm

FINAL TALLIES
1. 27-20 in favor of A
2. 36-9 in favor of A
3. 34-20 in favor of A
4. 43-3 in favor of B
5. 42-5 in favor of A
6. 32-14 in favor of B
7. 28-19 in favor of A
8. 32-14 in favor of A

WINNERS
1. TheFranchise
2. The_Met_Threat
3. Joe Mauer
4. bigh0rt
5. giantdogs92
6. Leber
7. eagles21
8. bojanglesmn
Image
Image

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 438
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 8:35 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact