Smoltz throwing behind schedule; will be out more than 2 wks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Smoltz throwing behind schedule; will be out more than 2 wks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:06 pm

titanut wrote:Braves close by committee ? I haven't seen that, other than Mercker, that pitiful crew couldn't hold the game to the 9th.
I'm holding on to Mercker, at least he won't kill my era. My
money(hope) is on Mercker to close.

Every report I've heard says that Cox is going by committee.

According to Yahoo: "Atlanta manager Bobby Cox won't name a single replacement for Smoltz, choosing instead to make the decision on a game-by-game basis."
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slugger2K4 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:33 pm

With the Braves winning a lot of games Mercker should get some good #'s of save opps.
[color=darkblue][b]Alex Rodriguez Home Run Count: [u]345[/u][/b][/color]
[color=red][b]Albert Pujols Home Run Count: [u]114[/u][/b][/color]
Slugger2K4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:17 pm

R-Tehst wrote:hmmm....interesting, but i got this form rotoworld

"Danny Graves pitched two scoreless innings tonight to earn a save in his first appearance since being removed from the rotation. Chris Reitsma worked two innings last night, so Graves closed tonight. It seems likely that Graves will get at least a couple of more saves before season's end, though Reitsma is also expected to receive chances."

And in last nights game graves pitched the 8th while the reds were down 2-0 and gave up 3 runs. I think reitsma is still the closer for now

Well, I see that Reitsma got the save today. Even though he gave up 2 runs and did everything in his power to hand the game away, they still didn't bring in Graves. That's just wonderful. :-t
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:26 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:According to Yahoo: "Atlanta manager Bobby Cox won't name a single replacement for Smoltz, choosing instead to make the decision on a game-by-game basis."

I think you are relying to much on Yahoo IMO.. personally I never put any stock on anything I read there ... Rotoworld, Rototimes, ESPN and Sportline are just a few that I use.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:32 pm

wrveres wrote:
Leiter Fan wrote:According to Yahoo: "Atlanta manager Bobby Cox won't name a single replacement for Smoltz, choosing instead to make the decision on a game-by-game basis."

I think you are relying to much on Yahoo IMO.. personally I never put any stock on anything I read there ... Rotoworld, Rototimes, ESPN and Sportline are just a few that I use.

Rototimes also said that Atlanta will be going with a closer by committee approach.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers