Reid Brignac - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Reid Brignac

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Reid Brignac

Postby Jenkins » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:15 am

What position do you see this guy playing in the majors? He is on absolute fire and looks like he might be for real. Just curious what you guys think?
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:41 am

It seems the best position options for him will be either 3B or a corner OF spot. The problem with those are he has no place w/ Crawford and Delmon in the OF. Also Longoria should probably move a bit faster and can play 3B as well, let alone if BJ sticks there at 3B. The other position I guess he could fill would be 1B, if for some reason Guzman or Bankston don't work out as planned. Gomes could concievably be gone by the time Brignac comes up, leaving 2 spots at DH/1B to fill.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:48 pm

Brignac will be trade bait imo in 2 years. He will be the last one of the little Rays(Upton, Young, Dukes, Bankston, and now Longoria, and Guzman) to come up. Unless 2nd base is open due to a trade of Cantu, I think we will probably end up moving Brignac for some pitching help when we make our run in 08. :-B I guess it is slightly possible for him to become a decent option at SS and if Upton sticks at 3b, have a shot at SS in a few years, but I really think Upton moves back to SS next year. There is just so much offensive "talent" right now, it is really hard to make a future lineup. I just hope the young arms mature real well this year and next to help us in 08.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:48 pm

I don't think he has much of a shot to stay at SS. His defense just isn't good enough, especially his range. I also expect him to fill out a bit more so a corner INF or OF spot is ideally the best spots for him.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:19 am

raiders_umpire wrote:Brignac will be trade bait imo in 2 years. He will be the last one of the little Rays(Upton, Young, Dukes, Bankston, and now Longoria, and Guzman) to come up. Unless 2nd base is open due to a trade of Cantu, I think we will probably end up moving Brignac for some pitching help when we make our run in 08. :-B I guess it is slightly possible for him to become a decent option at SS and if Upton sticks at 3b, have a shot at SS in a few years, but I really think Upton moves back to SS next year. There is just so much offensive "talent" right now, it is really hard to make a future lineup. I just hope the young arms mature real well this year and next to help us in 08.

My thoughts exactly. At some point trades will have to be made for pitching help. And with this many players, someone's likely to be moved this off-season for help in 2008-9 (which is where it looks like the team is positioning itself right now) - with 2007 being the "get the feet wet" year (and as the Marlins are showing, can still be a solid year).
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Return to Tampa Bay Rays