No One Is Talking About Derrek Lee? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No One Is Talking About Derrek Lee?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:41 am

bellings wrote:I think that the real question is his value in a keeper league. I own him in a 10-team keep-8 league, and it's gonna be a really hard decision. (I also own Prior and Harden, so I'm gonna have a LOT of hard decisions.)

If there are less than 50 players kept in a league, he's probably gonna get dropped. But between 50-100 players being kept, it's probably worth keeping him.

I would think if you are in a 10 team/keep 8 or 80 players kept keeper, you would almost certainly be keeoing Lee. You would have to have a totally awesome team to have 8 players on your squad that are better. Prior I would let walk without thinking twice about it. Harden I probably let walk also unless you have no one better for that last pick.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:44 am

I'm already looking at him as a 2007 semi-sleeper.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bellings » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:18 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
bellings wrote:I think that the real question is his value in a keeper league. I own him in a 10-team keep-8 league, and it's gonna be a really hard decision. (I also own Prior and Harden, so I'm gonna have a LOT of hard decisions.)

If there are less than 50 players kept in a league, he's probably gonna get dropped. But between 50-100 players being kept, it's probably worth keeping him.

I would think if you are in a 10 team/keep 8 or 80 players kept keeper, you would almost certainly be keeoing Lee. You would have to have a totally awesome team to have 8 players on your squad that are better. Prior I would let walk without thinking twice about it. Harden I probably let walk also unless you have no one better for that last pick.

I probably will keep him. It's just that he hasn't done crap since he injured his wrist. I was high on him when he came off the DL, but then he doesn't do anything and goes right back on the DL. Keeping Lee is simply an act of faith.
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:21 am

bellings wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

I probably will keep him. It's just that he hasn't done crap since he injured his wrist. I was high on him when he came off the DL, but then he doesn't do anything and goes right back on the DL. Keeping Lee is simply an act of faith.

Cubs clearly brought him back too soon imo. I think Lee is no where near as good as his 05 season. However, he is still a solid player and certainly a top 80 pick if he is healthy. And like I mentioned, you would have to have a pretty good team to have 8 better options on your squad.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:27 am

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 554)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers