Affeldt to Colorado (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Affeldt to Colorado (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:I would rather have done a deal with the Pirates for some of their bullpen arms. Affeldt has good stuff, and I do like his numbers this year as a reliever. Bautista I think was a former #1 Orioles prospect, and I've heard from KC fans he can be lights out at times. If he can somehow put it all together, then he'll be a nice starter.

As I said in another thread, I wish Shealy well, and hope he does well playing everyday.

As for Dohmann - good riddance. :-]

Any guy that can throw 100+ MPH, Bautista, can be lights out but his control has always been an issue. I'm not really sure why Colorado didn't make a deal with Tor or Bal for Penn or Purcey, maybe even Romero. Any of those guys are better than Fogg & Kim.

The Rockies tried to make a deal for Penn - but Baltimore turned them down. I would have loved to get Penn for Shealy.

Fogg and Kim have been serviceable this year - but you're right they aren't part of the Rockies long term plans you wouldn't think. The Rockies have some good young arms in the minors at least, hopefully some of them pan out.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:00 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:I would rather have done a deal with the Pirates for some of their bullpen arms. Affeldt has good stuff, and I do like his numbers this year as a reliever. Bautista I think was a former #1 Orioles prospect, and I've heard from KC fans he can be lights out at times. If he can somehow put it all together, then he'll be a nice starter.

As I said in another thread, I wish Shealy well, and hope he does well playing everyday.

As for Dohmann - good riddance. :-]

Any guy that can throw 100+ MPH, Bautista, can be lights out but his control has always been an issue. I'm not really sure why Colorado didn't make a deal with Tor or Bal for Penn or Purcey, maybe even Romero. Any of those guys are better than Fogg & Kim.

The Rockies tried to make a deal for Penn - but Baltimore turned them down. I would have loved to get Penn for Shealy.

Fogg and Kim have been serviceable this year - but you're right they aren't part of the Rockies long term plans you wouldn't think. The Rockies have some good young arms in the minors at least, hopefully some of them pan out.

Bautista is also injury prone, which is his main concern right now, it doesn't look like the Rockies can get a good(or even decent) pitching prospect for Shealy. Kim is serviceable this year, inconsistent but serviceable. Great half the time and horrible the other half and he could be gone after the year(team option, for the sake of my fantasy team, decline it!)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:30 pm

Don't bash Kim he's been good this year.

Affeldt is worthless he will get injured again
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers