Lugo to Dodgers (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lugo to Dodgers (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Justblaze » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:18 pm

I hope your right john. I need steals from Lugo, and I'd rather him bat leadoff in Tampa than not anywhere else.

I dropped Chipper in my league, no DL spots, for Upton just in case Lugo stops stealing.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jt787 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:23 pm

is this trade official? i didnt hear it anywhere
jt787
College Coach
College Coach

Postby johnsamo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:26 pm

Keep in mind... Lugo is helped being on a better team, more guys to knock in, more guys to knock him in..... playing in a less pitching dominant division... And good players can "Improve" coming from a bad team to a team thats in the race. Playing in a practically empty compared to a packed Dodger Stadium... that can be a lift to a player. Playing for a loser becomes contagious.

The D'Rays were basically Lugo and Crawford, and occassionally a guy who got hot, but that was it.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:34 pm

Great trade for us IMO. We got rid of someone we weren't going to keep, no way we were giving him the long term deal he wanted. On top of it we got a really nice power bat, even though I'm not sold on him entirely ... it's much better then I thought we would of recieved back. Guzman will most likely be moved to 1B as we have no room for him in the OF and better defensive options coming up at 3B (also helps that he is so tall, e can get some of those Upton throws :-b )
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:40 pm

warrick95 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:Why did we get another outfielder? He is very talented for sure, but a outfielder??? I guess we could not pry one of their pitchers away. :-/ :-/

Screw that, I'm ecstatic. Sure, Scott Elbert would've been good, but Guzman has Juan GOnzalez (during his prime) potential. His tools are off the charts...

The Dodgers moved him to OF because tehy wanted LaRoche at 3rd and have Loney at 1B...we could play him at 1B or 3B...maybe put BJ back at SS?

I just wanted something for Lugo, honestly. Based on the crap we got back for Huff, I am so happy about this trade. I feel that we ripped them off, but that's just me.

Wow, you are definitely more excited then I am over this deal. ;-D Well we definitely have a top farm system now for sure, lets just hope 3 or 4 of these guys pan out to become stars and our future will be great for sure. Guzman should be able to handle first base and he may even be moved back to 3rd base and be OK there. I was just basically looking for some MLB ready pitching then more star hopeful bats.

I guess we could see this lineup in another year or so.

1. Upton SS
2. Baldelli CF
3. Crawford LF
4. Young RF
5. Dukes DH
6. Guzman 1B
7. Cantu 2B
8. Longoria 3B
9. Navarro C

Yeah, that looks amazing. Rocco has to work on those OBP skills, though, to be a good 2 hitter. Longoria definitely has the tools to hit up there, although not this soon obviously...

Personally, I envision Upton as our #3 hitter in the future (you said next year for this lineup so maybe later on). Not sure who would lead off (I'm still angry about Joey even though he's not producing...just a favorite I guess)...I'd probably put CC back there, even though he's developing some nice power. Just think Upton's bat will end up more dangerous.

Brignac is a bit further down but doing really well...don't forget about Wes Bankston, either.

The staff really doesn't look that bad...
Kazmir
Niemann should be ready next year and has ace stuff.
Shields is good in the middle
Jason Hammel is having a disappointing season, but if he does well next year he could contribute...
JP Howell is solid in the back end of the rotation as a Hendricksonlike soft-tosser.
Chuck Tiffany is a similar style pitcher to Howell. Hurt this year, but could be ready sometime next year.
We're bringing on Wade Davis slowly, but he has ace stuff.
Matt Walker is also in LoA now.
Finally, if Edwin Jackson could ever reharness his stuff, he could do quite well.

Basically, if we can sign an SP or two in a couple of years, we should be a contender...

Where is Bankston?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:49 pm

What is the point of having all these great prospects if you don't use them?
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:53 pm

1337_Dude wrote:What is the point of having all these great prospects if you don't use them?

They just traded Huff and Lugo to make room for them, I think it's obvious they are going to use them. Upton is now up w/ Zobrist (who they got in the Huff trade), Dukes is not up for obvious reasons and Delmon would be if he didn't throw his bat.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:13 pm

Is Guzman going right into the lineup ..?

stupid Dodgers, thinking they actually have a chance even after the Padres hand delivered them a one way ticket to the sellers market
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby hybrid » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:18 pm

wrveres wrote:Is Guzman going right into the lineup ..?

stupid Dodgers, thinking they actually have a chance even after the Padres hand delivered them a one way ticket to the sellers market

Nope, he will still be in AAA. Could likely get a Sept. call up though and play a few positions just to get him some playing time.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:27 pm

Ok, well it looks like Lugo will play 2B for the Dodgers. This makes some sense, as there is a big difference between Ramon Martinez/Betemit and Lugo. Lugo's played 2B before, he should be alright there.....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers