Lugo to Dodgers (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lugo to Dodgers (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jbauer2485 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:55 pm

How is this lowering his value? TB lineup is garbage with Huff gone and Gomes\Cantu playing poorly.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:59 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
warrick95 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:Why did we get another outfielder? He is very talented for sure, but a outfielder??? I guess we could not pry one of their pitchers away. :-/ :-/

Screw that, I'm ecstatic. Sure, Scott Elbert would've been good, but Guzman has Juan GOnzalez (during his prime) potential. His tools are off the charts...

The Dodgers moved him to OF because tehy wanted LaRoche at 3rd and have Loney at 1B...we could play him at 1B or 3B...maybe put BJ back at SS?

I just wanted something for Lugo, honestly. Based on the crap we got back for Huff, I am so happy about this trade. I feel that we ripped them off, but that's just me.

Wow, you are definitely more excited then I am over this deal. ;-D Well we definitely have a top farm system now for sure, lets just hope 3 or 4 of these guys pan out to become stars and our future will be great for sure. Guzman should be able to handle first base and he may even be moved back to 3rd base and be OK there. I was just basically looking for some MLB ready pitching then more star hopeful bats.

I guess we could see this lineup in another year or so.

1. Upton SS
2. Baldelli CF
3. Crawford LF
4. Young RF
5. Dukes DH
6. Guzman 1B
7. Cantu 2B
8. Longoria 3B
9. Navarro C

Yeah, that looks amazing. Rocco has to work on those OBP skills, though, to be a good 2 hitter. Longoria definitely has the tools to hit up there, although not this soon obviously...

Personally, I envision Upton as our #3 hitter in the future (you said next year for this lineup so maybe later on). Not sure who would lead off (I'm still angry about Joey even though he's not producing...just a favorite I guess)...I'd probably put CC back there, even though he's developing some nice power. Just think Upton's bat will end up more dangerous.

Brignac is a bit further down but doing really well...don't forget about Wes Bankston, either.

The staff really doesn't look that bad...
Kazmir
Niemann should be ready next year and has ace stuff.
Shields is good in the middle
Jason Hammel is having a disappointing season, but if he does well next year he could contribute...
JP Howell is solid in the back end of the rotation as a Hendricksonlike soft-tosser.
Chuck Tiffany is a similar style pitcher to Howell. Hurt this year, but could be ready sometime next year.
We're bringing on Wade Davis slowly, but he has ace stuff.
Matt Walker is also in LoA now.
Finally, if Edwin Jackson could ever reharness his stuff, he could do quite well.

Basically, if we can sign an SP or two in a couple of years, we should be a contender...
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dc928 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:04 pm

I don't know what the hell is the Dodgers thinking getting Lugo. Where is he going to play? Also why the heck do you need him not to mention they gave up Joel Guzman for him? I don't know what to say about this trade. This one just totally don't make any sense
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simply Dangerous » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:05 pm

can anyone name the minor leaguers that LA sent over? I heard one of them was Joel Guzman, can anyone confirm that?
Simply Dangerous
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:06 pm

dc928 wrote:I don't know what the hell is the Dodgers thinking getting Lugo. Where is he going to play? Also why the heck do you need him not to mention they gave up Joel Guzman for him? I don't know what to say about this trade. This one just totally don't make any sense

The dodgers have an odd facination with getting multiple Shortstops. What a weird, dumb trade.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simply Dangerous » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:06 pm

Simply Dangerous wrote:can anyone name the minor leaguers that LA sent over? I heard one of them was Joel Guzman, can anyone confirm that?

ahh, i see someone just posted that it was Guzman, do you think he will come up right away or stay in the minors?
Simply Dangerous
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:07 pm

Simply Dangerous wrote:can anyone name the minor leaguers that LA sent over? I heard one of them was Joel Guzman, can anyone confirm that?

it was Joel Guzman...I wonder if the D'Rays immediately call him up to play 3rd, and have Upton play short...
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Prooks25 wrote:

it was Joel Guzman...I wonder if the D'Rays immediately call him up to play 3rd, and have Upton play short...

That's a very interesting thought. :-?
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby johnsamo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:14 pm

I think Furcal may lead off against lefties, and Lugo vs. righties... Lugo is frankly better, but has more power.

Lugo has 18 steals, caught 4 times in 289 abs
Furcal has 25 steals, caight 10 times in 438 abs
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby namor720 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Lugo owners relax. They have a flexible line up in the field. The deal improves his value, he is going to play and he is going to bat 2nd. . He could even lead off and Furcal hit 2nd. Lugo will play 2b, Furcal stays put, Kent is going to play 1b and Nomar plays 3b or possibly OF. Nice trade for the Dodgers. Anyone have any idea if Kent could play 3b ?
namor720
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers