Chacon to Pirates - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chacon to Pirates

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:09 pm

I'm guessing Wilson will just be a guy off the bench, or the occasional 1st basemen for the yankees. And once/if Matsui or Sheffield come back, Wilson becomes only a bench player.

At this point, no way would I play him in left over Melky, and I dont know if hes that much of a significant upgrade over Phillips at first.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:19 pm

I think Wilson is more a pinch hitter who'll help some but becomes a bigger factor in a world series in the NL parks where pinch hitting and double switches become more important
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Justblaze » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:21 pm

Wilson is a good fit for the Yankees. I powerful lefty who can pull balls to the short RF in the stadium. I'd play him over Phillips,Melky, or Bernie. He should provide solid pop at the bottom of the order.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby johnsamo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:29 pm

he bats right
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:30 pm

Justblaze wrote:Wilson is a good fit for the Yankees. I powerful lefty who can pull balls to the short RF in the stadium. I'd play him over Phillips,Melky, or Bernie. He should provide solid pop at the bottom of the order.

I'd play him over Phillips, I would not play him over Melky though. Doesn't hurt to have a versitile hitter like Melky in your lineup, who can bat anywhere in the lineup. Wilson's defense is mediocre at best though.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby blankman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:24 pm

klvrdude wrote:
blankman wrote:Lets hope Wilson plays well though. ;-D

and Chacon doesn't suddenly turn it around.

It's one thing to wish your new player well, but why would you wish ill will on Chacon? Just seems a bit crass IMHO.

Perhaps, but I don't think getting rid of Chacon was a smart move. If he turns it around it could come back to haunt the team, so obviously that's not something I should want to happen.

This is the case with any trade; the team trading a guy having problems will end up unhappy if it turns out that they got a bad deal.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:46 pm

blankman wrote:
klvrdude wrote:

It's one thing to wish your new player well, but why would you wish ill will on Chacon? Just seems a bit crass IMHO.

Perhaps, but I don't think getting rid of Chacon was a smart move. If he turns it around it could come back to haunt the team, so obviously that's not something I should want to happen.

This is the case with any trade; the team trading a guy having problems will end up unhappy if it turns out that they got a bad deal.

I don't think he'll come back to haunt us with the Pirates anytime soon. I wish him well for what he added to the team last year.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby blankman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:47 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
blankman wrote:
klvrdude wrote:

I don't think he'll come back to haunt us with the Pirates anytime soon. I wish him well for what he added to the team last year.

Not with the Pirates of course, but if he becomes effective, he could have been a solid addition to a weak Yankee bullpen.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:52 pm

blankman wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:
blankman wrote:
klvrdude wrote:

Not with the Pirates of course, but if he becomes effective, he could have been a solid addition to a weak Yankee bullpen.

I like Chacon but unless they sent him down to AAA, they really can't afford to let him work out his problems in pennant chase like this one. Like I said, I don't really like Wilson, but from the looks of it - that's good value for a guy that has been pitching the way Chacon has.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hayseed » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:14 pm

bigmoney wrote:one good starting pitcher, so it's not like they have a chance even if they make the playoffs.

Johnson, Mussina, Wang? Am I missing something. Say what you will, that's still a solid postseason top three.
Last edited by hayseed on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers