13%
Rubbish
20%
OK
67%

Total votes : 15

Superman returns

Postby Stejay » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:48 pm

Has anyone seen Superman returns? It is great and reply to say how good it is please.
Stejay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:59 pm

i saw it in IMAX 3-D...i'm not the biggest Superman fan to begin with, but i thought it was just OK. Lois has an annoying little mop-haired kid that could give the kid who played Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode I a run for his money as worst movie kid ever
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Kid

Postby Stejay » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:19 pm

Don't diss supermans kid man,god!
Stejay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tavish » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:44 pm

It was alright. I can deal with them making it a soppy lovestory, but they turned Lois Lane into an idiot and that just irked me (hmm lets take my child into the lair of Lex Luther).

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:38 pm

I really enjoyed it. I'm not the biggest Superman fan on the planet, but I was thoroughly entertained by the new film. I thought the new Superman embodied the character I grew up loving when Chris Reeve was Superman, without being a carbon copy. Not a big fan of Bosworth, but I didn't think she was horrible either. Spacey's always a joy to watch and only added to the film's character. I liked all the action sequences and enjoyed how they incorporated a love story to the film without allowing it to dominate the film. I hope they make another!
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:36 am

I thought it was horrid. Too much attempt to make a love plot for what could have easily been a great action movie. :-P
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:16 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I thought it was horrid. Too much attempt to make a love plot for what could have easily been a great action movie. :-P

Superman II was by far the more action packed of the original series. Maybe the new series will follow suit. Honestly Merc, you really thought the love story was too much? I guess I'm too light of a critic. I just thought it blended well with the story as a whole.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:20 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:I thought it was horrid. Too much attempt to make a love plot for what could have easily been a great action movie. :-P

Superman II was by far the more action packed of the original series. Maybe the new series will follow suit. Honestly Merc, you really thought the love story was too much? I guess I'm too light of a critic. I just thought it blended well with the story as a whole.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:37 am

as a superman fan, it was sorta dissapointing. i voted ok, but it does not live up to original superman I-II. i was expecting more, but its hard to recreate those intangibles that made the original superman good.

they messed up with the most important element, that is supes and lois. there was obvious chemistry missing between clark/supes and lois, and the plot was forcing some sort of romance when it was clear that kate bosworth and routh shared no chemistry.

thats the result of horrible casting, especially superman and lois. yea superman looks like a superman, but the dude cannot act. overall, i thought lois and superman both were too young, at least in looks. how can a pulitzer winning journalist look like she just graduated from college? it was just unconvincing acting. well i guess when you combine a tv soap extra and a surfergirl from blue crush, you have a recipe for disaster.

there were a lot of action scenes, but as the movie progressed, i felt more and more detached to superman and his cause. he's too rigid, invokes apathy and just lacks important emotions or the expression of it. in the end, with all the plotline weirdness, i was hoping they wouldnt make another superman movie, at least not with this cast and production team.

id rather watch superman I-II anyday. btw, there is supposed to be a richard donner's cut of the 2 superman movies and i hear its supposed to have a lot of lost footages and stuff. remember, donner is the original director who got fired before superman II was released. hope it comes out soon.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:02 pm

Lois ruined it for me. :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)