Chris Shelton to AAA (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Shelton to AAA (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby p32bars » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:39 pm

Young 8 back with more "homer" talk, lol. Are you Chris Shelton's number 1 fan? Casey is a left handed stick and a veteran presence in that clubhouse. In the midst of a playoff race with a team that isn't used to the pressure associated with a playoff race, Casey will be good for team morale.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Young 8 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:42 pm

p32bars wrote:Young 8 back with more "homer" talk, lol. Are you Chris Shelton's number 1 fan? Casey is a left handed stick and a veteran presence in that clubhouse. In the midst of a playoff race with a team that isn't used to the pressure associated with a playoff race, Casey will be good for team morale.

no

i'm Carmona "stud" bigger fan

!+)
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby p32bars » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:43 pm

Young 8 wrote:
p32bars wrote:Young 8 back with more "homer" talk, lol. Are you Chris Shelton's number 1 fan? Casey is a left handed stick and a veteran presence in that clubhouse. In the midst of a playoff race with a team that isn't used to the pressure associated with a playoff race, Casey will be good for team morale.

no

!+)

Speak english.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Young 8 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:47 pm

p32bars wrote:
Young 8 wrote:

no

!+)

Speak english.

i am the bigger fan of Fausto "the stud" Carmona

good ?

:-B
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby p32bars » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:05 pm

No, you dropped him after one bad outing, you're Chris "Leyland Hates Me" Shelton's biggest supporter.

For those of you reading these last few posts, the Carmona references are from yesterday and how Young 8 said Carmona was a bum and that he would drop him b/c he had a bad game yesterday and how he wasn't the Indians' closer.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shasty mcnasty » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Young 8 wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:
Young 8 wrote:ok,....this guy was not Pujols but.........the Tigers treated him with absolutely NO RESPECT for the entire year

Leyland has changed the entire lineup except Shelton....

when he was on fire....he was batting 6th
when he start to cooling off....7th......8th........

he has never got the chance to regain confidence

LMAO. :-D

He never got the chance to regain confidence? Isn't that what moving a player to the bottom of the lineup is for? You move him down so that he doesn't press so much, so that he can just concentrate on hitting the ball. Yeah, that stupid Leyland really disrespected Chris Shelton. And let's not stop there...he's really done a terrible job with this Tigers team all year, hasn't he? You should get rid of the bum and move Shelton up in the lineup RIGHT NOW. :-b

let'see in the playoff

i'm waiting for the collapse of "old cuckoo" Leyland & the Tigers

as a whitesox fan, there's nothing i'd rather see than that collapse, but whether or not it happens, i think it's pretty hard to sufficiently support any argument that Shelton's struggles are due to mismanagement. The reality is that he had huge holes in his swing, pitchers figured it out, and now it's his turn to adjust.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby Young 8 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:22 pm

shasty mcnasty wrote:
Young 8 wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:
Young 8 wrote:ok,....this guy was not Pujols but.........the Tigers treated him with absolutely NO RESPECT for the entire year

He never got the chance to regain confidence? Isn't that what moving a player to the bottom of the lineup is for? You move him down so that he doesn't press so much, so that he can just concentrate on hitting the ball. Yeah, that stupid Leyland really disrespected Chris Shelton. And let's not stop there...he's really done a terrible job with this Tigers team all year, hasn't he? You should get rid of the bum and move Shelton up in the lineup RIGHT NOW. :-b

let'see in the playoff

as a whitesox fan, there's nothing i'd rather see than that collapse, but whether or not it happens, i think it's pretty hard to sufficiently support any argument that Shelton's struggles are due to mismanagement. The reality is that he had huge holes in his swing, pitchers figured it out, and now it's his turn to adjust.

yeah.....but....for Casey ??

:-?
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shasty mcnasty » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:00 pm

Young 8 wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:
Young 8 wrote:
shasty mcnasty wrote:

let'see in the playoff

yeah.....but....for Casey ??

:-?

sure, i'd agree that it's pretty obvious that Casey is probably of very limited value; i guess they just like that lefty bat in Shelton's place. They're probably just confident that the team as it's currently composed can keep up their run. It will be interesting to see if they have enough.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby Young 8 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:28 pm

p32bars wrote:
For those of you reading these last few posts, the Carmona references are from yesterday and how Young 8 said Carmona was a bum and that he would drop him b/c he had a bad game yesterday and how he wasn't the Indians' closer.

muahahhhh !

Big Papi homers on a fly ball

:-D [/i]
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby p32bars » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:36 pm

Big Papi homers on a flyball - LOL

Hmmmm are you sure? Maybe it was a groundball? For somewhat knowing what is going on, you sure walk a thin line between being smart and being a dunce.

Go ahead and rub it in. Two bad days in a row for Carmona, but I'm still not giving up on him, he served it up to arguably the best clutch hitter in baseball at this point in time.

Please keep me updated on Shelton with the Mud Hens and I'll keep you updated on the Mayor in D-town.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates