Official Trade Deadline Day Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Official Trade Deadline Day Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:05 pm

nsulham wrote:Meanwhile the Yankees added and will add Abreu, Lidle, Wilson, Sheffield, Matsui and Cano.

Don't forget Dotel. ;-)

knock on wood
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:05 pm

bcb wrote:Don't forget the CLee deal. Or Huff.

Deadline trading was fairly boring...the Lee, Huff and Abreau deals were done before today's deadline.
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 125)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:08 pm

5 wrote:oh relax...even though Boston didn't do ANYTHING, the pig Yank$ still have pitching issues unless you're afraid of that Unit guy or Lidle or Ponson or Jaret Wright. Besides, even if you're down 3-0, you can come back. ;-)

Mussina doesn't pitch for the Yankees anymore? Unit isn't one of the best pitchers of the entire generation? The most dominant closer, arguably in history, isn't still shutting the door on leads? :-? Please stop spouting silliness.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Postby 5 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:13 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
5 wrote:oh relax...even though Boston didn't do ANYTHING, the pig Yank$ still have pitching issues unless you're afraid of that Unit guy or Lidle or Ponson or Jaret Wright. Besides, even if you're down 3-0, you can come back. ;-)

Mussina doesn't pitch for the Yankees anymore? Unit isn't one of the best pitchers of the entire generation? The most dominant closer, arguably in history, isn't still shutting the door on leads? :-? Please stop spouting silliness.

Yes of course the Yankee$ should win but I was merely mentioning Yankee holes...Mussina - not one of them. Rivera - yeah again, not one of them. They're trying to outhit everyone again and that's dangerous.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:13 pm

Obviously the Yankees still have questions about their pitching staff. However, last I checked, so did the Red Sox. Mussina and Wang are pitching great right now. RJ has been as well (outside of that last blowup). Wright is up and down and we'll have to see what Lidle can contribute.

That said, the Yankees rank 5th in the AL among runs allowed; Boston is 8th. The Yankees still have Mariano at the tail end of their bullpen, and Farnsworth and Proctor have been very good so far in the second half. They should get Dotel back soon, and he might contribute something.

The Yankees still have questions, of course, but let's not make it seem like they are pitching-inept.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:16 pm

It will be interesting to see how Abreu does on the Yankees... typically a great player goes to the Yanks and struggles; can a struggling player go to the Yanks and thrive?

Now, I know there are plenty of you who wouldn't say Abreu is "struggling" but, he is and man did they hate him in Philly. "good riddance" is what all the Phillies fans are saying, but that's overshadowed now by their disappointment for still being stuck with the player they now affectionately refer to as "Patricia." My how they change quickly, Pat "the Bat" was one of the Philly fan favorites even going into this year.

This whole time I thought Abreu would do well in the AL, but we'll have to see what happens in NY.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Hey. Let's not let this devolve into Yankees / Red Sox thread. Lets here what deal were made.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby garf112 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:18 pm

This thread lasted 17 pages before becoming a Yankees-Red Sox argument. I think that is a record. Aside from the Tru thread of course.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby nsulham » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:22 pm

Steve-o wrote:Hey. Let's not let this devolve into Yankees / Red Sox thread. Lets here what deal were made.

I can't really speak to the devolving into a Yankees-Red Sox thread point since this IS a trade thread and I was merely voicing my displeasure at my team standing in quicksand and not doing anything but you do have a point.

Like what the Metropolitans did. It's too bad Dirty Sanchez got hurt or that would be one HELL of a back end.

Someone mentioned it earlier but the Dodgers did well to overhaul their team as well.

And of course, anytime you can add three guys like Abreu, Lidle and Wilson for basically nothing, you come out a winner.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mashug » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:36 pm

I think teams are in fact afraid of Mussina, Wang and Johnson as a 1-2-3 punch when you know Rivera's there in the ninth. They're also afraid of that obscene "Pig Yank$" lineup when everyone's healthy. But if it makes you feel better, I'll help you out.

They cheated again. It's not fair, I'm telling.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers