Soriano a 1st rounder next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano a 1st rounder next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:54 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Leiter Fan wrote:There are some people even the Yankees cannot bribe, I mean buy.

Jealous Mets fan? 8-o

I'll admit that he goes a little off once in a while but any team would love someone to have the $$ and the will to win that he does.

I love how all Yankees fans always confuse hatred with jealousy.

When I was young and chose a team to root for, I could've very easily sold out and chosen the Yankees instead of the Mets. However, my teachers always said I was very smart for my age - guess that explains my choice. I would never root for a team with an insane, two-time felon owner, who is a disgrace to the sport that he will pull any trick to win at. ("Goes a little off once in awhile"? That's like saying Larry Flynt is a little sleazy).

If I was ever "lucky" enough to see Steinbrennar become the owner of the Mets, I would promptly burn all of my Mets memorabilia. Luckily, we have a much more upstanding owner than the Evil Empire does, so I don't have to worry.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:38 am

Wow!! Someone is stereotyping all Yanks fans. Whether you will admit it or not, Steinbrenner is like the teammate that every hates to play against but would love to play for/with them.

Your owner is much better. That Wilpon-Doubleday split was really clean. :-D Good luck with Fred and Jeff. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:39 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Wow!! Someone is stereotyping all Yanks fans. Whether you will admit it or not, Steinbrenner is like the teammate that every hates to play against but would love to play for/with them.

Your owner is much better. That Wilpon-Doubleday split was really clean. :-D Good luck with Fred and Jeff. :-D

Yeah, everybody loves to work for someone who treats him like garbage, and who will smear your name in the press every chance he gets. Steinbrenner must be a great guy to work for, considering his team is in first place and his manager is still one step away from quitting.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:38 pm

If you have that much hatred for Steinbrenner based on his business practices, then you must either work for the Yankees or have a close relative who does. If that is the case, I would recommend that you write the team expressing those opinions rather than doing it here.

Winning in baseball takes some money but it also takes having the right people in place to spend it WISELY. The Mets haven't had that but are moving in the right direction.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Leiter Fan » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:25 pm

Lofunzo wrote:If you have that much hatred for Steinbrenner based on his business practices, then you must either work for the Yankees or have a close relative who does. If that is the case, I would recommend that you write the team expressing those opinions rather than doing it here.

Winning in baseball takes some money but it also takes having the right people in place to spend it WISELY. The Mets haven't had that but are moving in the right direction.

Are you retarded? (Oh, wait, you're a Yankee fan, so there's no need to answer that.)

The Mets haven't spent their money wisely in the past few years. That doesn't make Madman George any more likable. Of course, I'm used to hearing double talk like that out of the mouths of obnoxious Yankee fans for years now to justify that lunatic's actions, so I'm not surprised. Oh, and I need only to be a New Yorker to be able to speak about how badly his antics have put a bad face on New York baseball.

I will be waiting for your response, since I know a Yankee fan always has to have the last word, no matter how non-sensical it is.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:28 pm

My "last word" is that once you make this personal and flame me, I am done with this conversation.
Lofunzo

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:31 pm

man, everyones arguing today. must be the injuries
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:50 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:If you have that much hatred for Steinbrenner based on his business practices, then you must either work for the Yankees or have a close relative who does. If that is the case, I would recommend that you write the team expressing those opinions rather than doing it here.

Are you retarded? (Oh, wait, you're a Yankee fan, so there's no need to answer that.)

The Mets haven't spent their money wisely in the past few years. That doesn't make Madman George any more likable. Of course, I'm used to hearing double talk like that out of the mouths of obnoxious Yankee fans for years now to justify that lunatic's actions, so I'm not surprised. Oh, and I need only to be a New Yorker to be able to speak about how badly his antics have put a bad face on New York baseball.

I will be waiting for your response, since I know a Yankee fan always has to have the last word, no matter how non-sensical it is.

Note: the following has not been proofread

Wow, you've done great things for your credibility there. "Yankee fans are retrarded; Yankee fans make non-sensical comments"- thats a real "sensical" comment. Thats no different than saying, "Cubs fans are cry-babies," "Red Sox fans are whiners". All are wrong and using them demonstrates a lack of credibility. Its sad to think that you feel that you can characterize people based on what team they root for- downright pitiful. :-t

Not fully related:
In terms of selling out, you can't base your opinion of Yankee fans on bandwagoners. There are quite a lot of bandwagon Yankee fans. Why? Because they're winners and people are attracted by winners. As I've said before, this somewhat dilutes the loyalty of the fan base as a whole and thus, the people that you claim to be retarded may be frontrunners, not Yankee fans. Anyway, obviously some Yankee fans are annoying or arrogant, but the same goes with any other team, but likely more so with the winning teams because there is somewhat of a reason for their arrogance in relation to baseball- the team's success.

Also, you don't have to "sell out" to be a fan of any team thats in your area, where you did live, the team your parents or friends root for or if you are not yet a fan of any team. The use of the phrase "sell out" is incorrect in the reference you used.

In conclusion, basing your opinions of a large group- in this case Yankee fans, on those that you know, is wrong and thus your generalizations are unfounded. In other words, right now, I've lost respect for you as a poster based on your subscribing to loose and unfounded generalizations about a large group of people. While you may say you have no respect for me, thats fine, I don't need any respect from someone who generalizes people.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:53 pm

On topic: Soriano will be a first round pick next year- there's no doubt about it. His position certainly helps, as do his steals. I'd rank him behind (hitters only) Pujols, A-Rod, Vlad, Helton and maybe Nomar which still makes him a first rounder.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers