Tejada? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Tejada?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tejada?

Postby joselnceldran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:16 pm

every1 keeps talking about Soriano and where he is going and no one seems to be talking much bout tejada...i hear rangers, Angels and Astros going for him. I doubt angels will part with their super prospects but rangers seem in a buying mood. Where do you guys think he'll end up? any news?
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Justblaze » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:29 pm

I think Tejada will be a stud wherever he goes...er maybe except to the Dodgers.

I hear the Astros are dying for him but their proposal got shot down. There are so many rumors out right now, I don't know if anything is gonna happen. I hear the Rangers are interested in Lidge. Three team trade...just speculation, but its all unlikely.

My prediction is nothing big happens, another downer like last year.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby joselnceldran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:39 pm

A potential trade of Baltimore Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada may have hit a snag -- he doesn't want to play third base, at least not now.

I don't want to go anywhere to play third base. [Shortstop] is the position I've always played," Tejada said before the Orioles' 13-11 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Saturday -- although he did say he wouldn't rule it out in the future. "I don't want to disappoint myself and I don't want to disappoint anybody else. If I go somewhere else, I am going to try. But it's not the same [as] if I was going to be playing short."
"I'm not trying to leave from here," he told The Sun of Baltimore. "They're trying to make me leave. It's the team, not me. I don't have control of that. The manager and I don't know who, they want to take me out of here. But I don't want to push to get out of here because that's not what I'm thinking."

But Orioles manager Sam Perlozzo denied he wants Tejada gone.

"It's certainly not something that would come from my mouth," Perlozzo told The Sun. "It would be pretty hard to say that you want your top hitter and RBI guy off your ballclub. I don't feel that way at all."

ESPN
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby joselnceldran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:49 pm

The biggest roadblock to a Tejada trade is Orioles owner Peter Angelos, according to multiple major-league sources.

The Angels offered right-hander Ervin Santana and Class AAA shortstop Erick Aybar, sources say, and the Astros offered an even better package of "prime major-league pieces."

Yet, Angelos told The (Baltimore) Sun, "At this point, I haven't heard any proposals that I believe justify trading a special player like Miguel Tejada."

Either Angelos is posturing to get the best deal possible, or no deal will satisfy him.

Foxsports

Looks like tejada staying with the Os.
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby West Coast Fan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:45 pm

I'd love to see Tejada with a contender cause I saw him with the A's and know he can really light it up when the races heat up. But I'm afraid he's not going anywhere, which is too bad. Not that he's just going to go through the motions for the rest of the year, but I imagine some downturn in his production next week if he doesn't go anywhere.
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LoPan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:34 pm

Does anyone know if the O's have a GM? Does Angelos make the roster decisions himself? I ask because I was at the Orioles game on 7/29 and couldn't help but hear the Sauced loudmouths behind me (whom I presumed to be idiots) griping about Angelos ruining the team with bad personel moves. Maybe those guys were right. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure.
LoPan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:39 pm

LoPan wrote:Does anyone know if the O's have a GM? Does Angelos make the roster decisions himself? I ask because I was at the Orioles game on 7/29 and couldn't help but hear the Sauced loudmouths behind me (whom I presumed to be idiots) griping about Angelos ruining the team with bad personel moves. Maybe those guys were right. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

The O's actually have two GM's, but the owner signs off on all big deals, I think
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby LoPan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:48 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:
LoPan wrote:Does anyone know if the O's have a GM? Does Angelos make the roster decisions himself? I ask because I was at the Orioles game on 7/29 and couldn't help but hear the Sauced loudmouths behind me (whom I presumed to be idiots) griping about Angelos ruining the team with bad personel moves. Maybe those guys were right. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

The O's actually have two GM's, but the owner signs off on all big deals, I think

That makes sense. As a baseball move, Tejada should probably go to clear the way for a younger team ala the A-rod trade, but as an owner who wants fans coming to see something besides a guaranteed third place team, you gotta keep a Marquee player around.
LoPan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates