Abreu/Lidle to the Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Abreu/Lidle to the Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:10 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:It makes sense since Sheffield is not guaranteed to come back this season and definitely not next season.


I'd read somewhere that the Yanks might pick up Sheff's option and then just trade him. Just a rumor, and I don't even remember where I read it. It was a week or two ago.


I read that as well, shortly after I posted it. It somewhat makes sense but is a gamble. There should be some teams that will take a ST chance on him for $13M for 1 season. If not, they have a very expensive DH. :-°


Is he still working with Mattingly at 1st? Thats the best place for him IMO.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:18 pm

blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:It makes sense since Sheffield is not guaranteed to come back this season and definitely not next season.


I'd read somewhere that the Yanks might pick up Sheff's option and then just trade him. Just a rumor, and I don't even remember where I read it. It was a week or two ago.


I read that as well, shortly after I posted it. It somewhat makes sense but is a gamble. There should be some teams that will take a ST chance on him for $13M for 1 season. If not, they have a very expensive DH. :-°


Is he still working with Mattingly at 1st? Thats the best place for him IMO.


I don't know how we can say that for sure since he hasn't played the position before.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby blankman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:16 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:It makes sense since Sheffield is not guaranteed to come back this season and definitely not next season.


I'd read somewhere that the Yanks might pick up Sheff's option and then just trade him. Just a rumor, and I don't even remember where I read it. It was a week or two ago.


I read that as well, shortly after I posted it. It somewhat makes sense but is a gamble. There should be some teams that will take a ST chance on him for $13M for 1 season. If not, they have a very expensive DH. :-°


Is he still working with Mattingly at 1st? Thats the best place for him IMO.


I don't know how we can say that for sure since he hasn't played the position before.


He came up a SS/3B.

He's old now, but as Sheffield said (paraphrased) "If he (Giambi) can play 1st, I sure can"
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:18 pm

blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:It makes sense since Sheffield is not guaranteed to come back this season and definitely not next season.


I'd read somewhere that the Yanks might pick up Sheff's option and then just trade him. Just a rumor, and I don't even remember where I read it. It was a week or two ago.


I read that as well, shortly after I posted it. It somewhat makes sense but is a gamble. There should be some teams that will take a ST chance on him for $13M for 1 season. If not, they have a very expensive DH. :-°


Is he still working with Mattingly at 1st? Thats the best place for him IMO.


I don't know how we can say that for sure since he hasn't played the position before.


He came up a SS/3B.

He's old now, but as Sheffield said (paraphrased) "If he (Giambi) can play 1st, I sure can"


I know that he came up as an IF but that doesn't mean that he can be a solid 1B, especially at this age.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Previous

Return to New York Yankees

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact