Mel Gibson is a drunk, raving anti-semite - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mel Gibson is a drunk, raving anti-semite

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mak1277 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:20 pm

Mel Gibson, his (admitted) alcoholism and his (alleged) anti-semitism fall under the same category as steroids in MLB for me...

...Who F'ing Cares?!?
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:38 pm

Coppermine wrote:Did you guys know that Jesus was a Jew?

Want to watch Lord of the Rings?
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:44 pm

Jesus was a Christian, man, what are you talking about? ;-) :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:02 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

A kid at my school couldn't fathom how Jesus was a Jew yet Christians are the ones who believe in him or whatever.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:31 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

A kid at my school couldn't fathom how Jesus was a Jew yet Christians are the ones who believe in him or whatever.

Well good for him, I can barely fathom any of the concrete principles of organized religion myself. I went to Catholic school and since I was in 2nd grade I've been trying to figure out how Noah could possibly get all the insects onto that boat. Impossible, even WITH divine intervention.

Anyway, Mel is scum now that i just read an article about this. I'll tell you why it matters; Mel was praised by every priest and pastor in this country for making that Jesus movie for being a great Christian and for having morality in a corrupt hollywood industry. Give me an f'ing break.

Mel Gibson in a 2004 Interview wrote:"To be anti-Semitic is a sin," he said. "It's been condemned by one Papal Council after another. To be anti-Semitic is to be un-Christian, and I'm not."

Damn hypocrit. I say stupid things when I'm drunk, REALLY stupid things... but you know what I say? Stupid things I think but would never say when sober. That's what drunks do, they let their evil subconscious do the talking for them. If Mel loves jews and is a great christian like he says, he would have been looking for pizza when he was pulled over instead of blaming the Jews for it. I hate him.

His moves suck too, big time. I hate his movies, all of them. Braveheart was a gay, 4 hour bore-fest. Most overrated movie ever. The Lethal Weapon movies literally make me feel sick to my stomach. I don't even know what else he was in that people love him so much... was he in Turner and Hooch? Or was that Tom Hanks? Hanks is overrated too, but at least he's a nice guy.

I hope "Mad Max" goes into hiding.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 5 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:59 pm

it's almost like his South Park character really came alive.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:00 pm

Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Well good for him, I can barely fathom any of the concrete principles of organized religion myself. I went to Catholic school and since I was in 2nd grade I've been trying to figure out how Noah could possibly get all the insects onto that boat. Impossible, even WITH divine intervention.

Some aspects of Christianity are not supposed to be believable by the human mind, but believed by faith. There are many other occurances in the Bible that are highly unlikely to happen but should be believed even though we do not see it with our own eye. That's my 2 cents about that issue.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:08 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Some aspects of Christianity are not supposed to be believable by the human mind, but believed by faith. There are many other occurances in the Bible that are highly unlikely to happen but should be believed even though we do not see it with our own eye. That's my 2 cents about that issue.

yeah, I'm sorry, i didn't want to turn this into a debate on the believability of the Bible. I mean, I take it a different way when you say that there are occurances in the Bible that are highly unlikely to happen but "should" be believed. Should be believed? Why, becuase your preacher says so? Because the Bible itself says so? Because God, in the Bible, say so? That's the essence of faith I suppose, but to me, i certainly don't think that I should believe it just because it tells me to.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:18 pm

i guess i'll leave it at that...i dont' want this becoming another religious debate thread that never gets anywhere
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:23 pm

5 wrote:it's almost like his South Park character really came alive.

HAHA! that's so true, totally forgot about that one.

The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk