Broxton closes for the Dodgers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Broxton closes for the Dodgers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby p32bars » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:00 pm

Dodgers are only 6 games out and Colleti has made it known that the Dodgers are buyers and not sellers. There is a rampant rumor all over Dodger messageboards right now about Tejeda coming to LA for Izturis and prospects (Kemp, Guzman, etc)
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mets1978 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:02 pm

mak1277 wrote:If that's the case though (audition) wouldn't someone, somewhere have known about it and reported it? Wouldn't the Dodgers broadcasters know that was at least a reasonable possibility? I think there has to be another explanation.

It IS odd that the announcers didn't have an explanation. I wonder how long they'll keep the Save Vultures (myself included) guessing.
Mets1978
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FuriousGeorge » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:05 pm

Mets1978 wrote:
mak1277 wrote:If that's the case though (audition) wouldn't someone, somewhere have known about it and reported it? Wouldn't the Dodgers broadcasters know that was at least a reasonable possibility? I think there has to be another explanation.

It IS odd that the announcers didn't have an explanation. I wonder how long they'll keep the Save Vultures (myself included) guessing.

It's a saturday afternoon which means it's FOX announcers. I don't expect them to know anything at all. Not as long as Tim McCarver keeps his job.
FuriousGeorge
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby p32bars » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:07 pm

Actually, not even the local Dodgers radio crew knew why Broxton was in over Saito.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mets1978 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:07 pm

FuriousGeorge wrote:
Mets1978 wrote:

It's a saturday afternoon which means it's FOX announcers. I don't expect them to know anything at all. Not as long as Tim McCarver keeps his job.

:-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B
Mets1978
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:36 pm

from AP:

Closer Takashi Saito was unavailable because he threw 37 pitches Wednesday while facing nine San Diego batters and, according to manager Grady Little, "overloaded his circuits a little bit."
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby converge241 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:08 pm

"overloaded his circuits"?

Domo arigato mr Saito
domo, domo
Domo arigato mr Saito
Domo,Domo
Domo arigato mr Saito
Domo arigato mr Saito
Domo arigato mr Saito
Domo arigato mr Saito
Thank you very much, Mr Saito, for doing the jobs nobody wants to
Thank you very much, Mr Saito for helping me escape to where i needed to
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I'm gonna thank you, please thank you
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:12 pm

Little does know that he is managing a basbeall team in the real world and not one on the PS2 doesn't he? That is the stupidest thing I have heard from a manager since Joe Torre responded to the "Why did you use Jeff Weaver?" question in the 2003 WS by saying "well if I did not trust him in that situation, he doesn;t belong on the roster".
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RaNe » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:22 pm

I think the Dodgers are preparing for the future. They substituted James Loney in 1B today, and they may have put in Broxton for the same reason. Piece by piece, we're creating a young, promising team.

Also to the Tejada rumor, I doubt it. Furcal is our SS, and we just got Betemit from the Braves to play 3B. Tejada would not have a spot on our team, and we've refused to give up any of our top prospects for anybody, including Soriano. Tejada's going to be great for a few more years, but the prospects we give up will be good for over a decade.
RaNe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:28 pm

RaNe wrote:I think the Dodgers are preparing for the future. They substituted James Loney in 1B today, and they may have put in Broxton for the same reason. Piece by piece, we're creating a young, promising team.

Also to the Tejada rumor, I doubt it. Furcal is our SS, and we just got Betemit from the Braves to play 3B. Tejada would not have a spot on our team, and we've refused to give up any of our top prospects for anybody, including Soriano. Tejada's going to be great for a few more years, but the prospects we give up will be good for over a decade.

Or they could turn into Edwin Jacksons. I doubt Tejada is going to LA simply because as you said, there is no position for him.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates