B.J. Upton (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

B.J. Upton (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:57 am

I doubt they would say those things to the Yankees organization..
Mattafact I'am 100% positive that they wouldn't

But I'am not surprised they said those things to the D-RAYS!!
The D-RAYS..... a team that just can't get out of their own way
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmande09 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:51 am

This argument is ridiculous.

Sure, Delmon would be up by now because he'd have played 3+ months in AAA as the DRays told him he would need to to iron out a few things. Sure, he served his 50 game suspension, but he also missed nearly 2 months - not what the DRays had in mind. And you know what? The DRays may have thought the 50 games was too lenient and, as his employer, decided more punishment was necessary. I doubt that was the case, but with what he pulled and his past attitude, and the fact that they pay him give them every right to determine the punishment. He's lucky he only got 50 games - a lot of people thought he should be out for the season.

As for Upton, they've asked him to move on numerous occasion and he has always refused. He was even reluctant this time, but agreed to do it because they told him it'd speed up his call-up time. He still insisted to be returned to short sometime soon.

Dukes doesn't warrant discussion.

When these guys get called up, they are going to cause chemistry problems because everyone in that clubhouse will HATE them; you can't make comments like they did and actually expect to be respected as youngsters.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:58 am

rmande09 wrote:This argument is ridiculous.

Sure, Delmon would be up by now because he'd have played 3+ months in AAA as the DRays told him he would need to to iron out a few things. Sure, he served his 50 game suspension, but he also missed nearly 2 months - not what the DRays had in mind. And you know what? The DRays may have thought the 50 games was too lenient and, as his employer, decided more punishment was necessary. I doubt that was the case, but with what he pulled and his past attitude, and the fact that they pay him give them every right to determine the punishment. He's lucky he only got 50 games - a lot of people thought he should be out for the season.

As for Upton, they've asked him to move on numerous occasion and he has always refused. He was even reluctant this time, but agreed to do it because they told him it'd speed up his call-up time. He still insisted to be returned to short sometime soon.

Dukes doesn't warrant discussion.

When these guys get called up, they are going to cause chemistry problems because everyone in that clubhouse will HATE them; you can't make comments like they did and actually expect to be respected as youngsters.

Are you a joke or something?? Do you read people's minds?? Gotdamn you're talking as if you're intricate part of that team...

I bet you half of those players dont even know or care what those guys said
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rmande09 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:16 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:Are you a joke or something?? Do you read people's minds?? Gotdamn you're talking as if you're intricate part of that team...

hahaha, you are a complete fool if you don't think those guys know what was said. Wigginton made a smarta** comment in return to Dukes', showing he clearly did not appreciate what was said. If the DRays were compiled of 25 Manny's (minus the talent) you'd have an argument, but this is a bigger deal; the entire organization has been talking about this for days. I'd be willing to bet that the day after the comments were made, the article was on the proverbial "bulletin board" and was the talk of the clubhouse. I can't imagine guys like Crawford, Baldelli, Wigginton, Gomes, etc. really appreciate young, 20 year old guys who have proved jack sh*t insulting the organization that they play for, and Delmon taking a shot at the TEAM they play for. They've all paid their dues and earned their way to the show without drunk driving incidents or hitting umpires with projectiles, especially bats. And if they did do any of those things, they sure as hell would NOT have the gall to insult the organization like those guys did. Respect is not given to the young guys in the clubhouse of a Big league team until it is earned. Not only will these guys have to earn their respect, but they'll have to first undue the disrespect they already have for them.

rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby joselnceldran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:20 pm

rmande09 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:Are you a joke or something?? Do you read people's minds?? Gotdamn you're talking as if you're intricate part of that team...

hahaha, you are a complete fool if you don't think those guys know what was said. Wigginton made a smarta** comment in return to Dukes', showing he clearly did not appreciate what was said. If the DRays were compiled of 25 Manny's (minus the talent) you'd have an argument, but this is a bigger deal; the entire organization has been talking about this for days. I'd be willing to bet that the day after the comments were made, the article was on the proverbial "bulletin board" and was the talk of the clubhouse. I can't imagine guys like Crawford, Baldelli, Wigginton, Gomes, etc. really appreciate young, 20 year old guys who have proved jack sh*t insulting the organization that they play for, and Delmon taking a shot at the TEAM they play for. They've all paid their dues and earned their way to the show without drunk driving incidents or hitting umpires with projectiles, especially bats. And if they did do any of those things, they sure as hell would NOT have the gall to insult the organization like those guys did. Respect is not given to the young guys in the clubhouse of a Big league team until it is earned. Not only will these guys have to earn their respect, but they'll have to first undue the disrespect they already have for them.

;-D ;-D ;-D
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Prooks25 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:15 pm

joselnceldran wrote:i think they'll call some1 up by monday most probably upton... the injury to wiggiton is going to force them to finally play either young or upton (most probably BJ though).

Yea, most probably will be probably most likely BJ Upton since he's most probably likely still a ocnverted SS to 3B.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby scr » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:30 pm

Nobody knows what the context of the conversation was the Young said what he said.

Period.

Everything else is just speculation.

It doesn't matter. If these kids ever get called up (and I'm starting to think it's just not going to happen-ever-with this organization), they will make their peace with their teamates. I'm quite sure the major league team can relate to the beat writer's spin on things.

Watch what happens. They promote someone else. Then they beat writers will goad the boys into saying something else, and it gets printed, and the cycle starts all over again-including the morons on this site that keep pounding the boys without knowing what actually was the context of that discussion.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Prooks25 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:35 pm

scr wrote:Nobody knows what the context of the conversation was the Young said what he said.

Period.

Everything else is just speculation.

It doesn't matter. If these kids ever get called up (and I'm starting to think it's just not going to happen-ever-with this organization), they will make their peace with their teamates. I'm quite sure the major league team can relate to the beat writer's spin on things.

Watch what happens. They promote someone else. Then they beat writers will goad the boys into saying something else, and it gets printed, and the cycle starts all over again-including the morons on this site that keep pounding the boys without knowing what actually was the context of that discussion.

If they recall someone esle, every Tampa fan (All 3 of them) should go burn down the stadium.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby rmande09 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:11 pm

scr, regardless of the situation, he clearly showed lots of disrespect to the club and organization by what he said. Very inappropriate.

Transitioning to the bigs will be harder because of the disrespect guys will have for them. Sure, they'll eventually be able to earn respect, but it's hard enough already, let alone going into a place where no one likes you. Believe me, that can contribute to initial performance and it may be difficult for them to back up their big mouths.

As for Upton being called up, he definitely should be. Sure, I know they said they were going to have to think about what was said, and I wouldn't just call them up out of no where, but when you lose a 3B, you replace him with a 3B. No need to save face. Can't look like a b*tch by doing that.

rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:12 pm

They are going to call up Upton. They need a 3B as they are not trading Lugo and Wiggy is now gone for 6 weeks. Andrew friedman just commented how well Upton has done at third. Also, Friedman talked about how Upton came out after the article and has distanced himself from the other 2. It seems the DRO are looking to show Delmon and Dukes the reason they are not up is due to Attitude, but that Uptons was merley performance. Now that he has played better at 3rd and they need a 3rd baseman i expect BJ to be the call up tommorow.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers