B.J. Upton (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

B.J. Upton (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby joselnceldran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:08 am

scr wrote:Management's response to the latest article was as unprofessional as it gets. Can you picture Torre saying what Madden said about his players?

i agree that management should have also handdled behind closed-doors or in-house. I guess it has become a battle of egos over there. But i guess if it weretorre managing that team do youthink those kids would have even said anything? honestly? No. i guess its a matter of respect for their GM torre would never have to deal with a situation like this coz his players respect him. Whether ot no TB management is worth respecting i dont know. And if those kids where in tha Yanks theyd be on the field now? as what bat boys? you think they'd play upton over jeter at SS or arod at 3b? Young maybe becoz they got injuries to both shef and matsui but if they healthy there is no way young and upton would be in the big leagues with the yanks :-) .
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

BJ Upton Getting The Call...Maybe

Postby Prooks25 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:48 am

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet...

Jul 29 The Tampa Bay Devil Rays plan to play a man short Sunday, July 30, before calling up a minor leaguer before the game Monday, July 31, against the Detroit Tigers - possibly SS B.J. Upton, according to the Associated Press.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:32 am

the reason why is that everyone has been speculating for awhile that he was going to get call up soon. the fact that possibly is still in the report makes this nothing really new to bring up. and the fact that he trashed the organization makes it a very difficult decision for the d-rays

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Prooks25 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:50 am

Snakes Gould wrote:the reason why is that everyone has been speculating for awhile that he was going to get call up soon. the fact that possibly is still in the report makes this nothing really new to bring up. and the fact that he trashed the organization makes it a very difficult decision for the d-rays

Did you notice Ty Wiggington broke his hand and is out for 6 weeks?

I'm thinking this is about as sure of a bet for Upton to get called up so far this year.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:52 am

Prooks25 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:the reason why is that everyone has been speculating for awhile that he was going to get call up soon. the fact that possibly is still in the report makes this nothing really new to bring up. and the fact that he trashed the organization makes it a very difficult decision for the d-rays

I'm thinking this is about as sure of a bet for Upton to get called up so far this year.

yeah i noticed..but they are really making a big deal about the quotes from bj, delmon, and dukes....im with you tho man, im stashing upton myself.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Prooks25 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Prooks25 wrote:

yeah i noticed..but they are really making a big deal about the quotes from bj, delmon, and dukes....im with you tho man, im stashing upton myself.

I've been stashing BJ for 2 years now...This is like Christmas Eve for me, lol
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby petert » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:26 am

should I grab this guy today off of WW? What positions is he eligible? How good is he and where could he help out my team?

any info i would really appreciate since i know NOTHING about this guy.

Thanks!
petert
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcd285 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:40 am

are they bringing up upton over young? i will stash upton but could really use a rf.
mcd285
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheWinPlan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:11 am

They have to call him up.

I read all the threads here since the last couple of days. I agree with the fact that the kids should shut their mouth and improve their play the best they can to one day, have the privilege to live their dream and play in the big leagues. That's the way it is and it should always be like that. I like a guy with an attitude. But attitute doesn't mean a lack of respect.

Now... that said... Ok, what he said to the journalists was not the best thing he could have done. But he's a kid without any experience with the media. Don't you think that the journalist didn't know what he was doing? Also, did we hear the complete interview... No. They simply gave us the quotes they wanted us to read. I agree that the Rays's management should have a discussion with Upton, Young and Dukes... but not calling them up for that? I mean, be honnest: These talented guys would already playing in the majors with any other team. The Rays are going nowhere and they need to give Major League play time to Upton at this point.

I know that they plan to react to what he said or not said in the papers. But the situation is now that they lost Wiggington for a month at least, probably more. So they have no choice at the moment. They need to call up Upton and put him at 3rd base for the rest of the season.

They’re going to have to try him eventually and waiting an additional month to do so just to prove a point isn’t going to help anyone.
TheWinPlan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby joselnceldran » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:40 am

i think they'll call some1 up by monday most probably upton... the injury to wiggiton is going to force them to finally play either young or upton (most probably BJ though).
joselnceldran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers