Howie, Howie, Howie.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Howie, Howie, Howie....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby winterball22 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:57 pm

Where is all this talk of Kendrick stealing 30 to 40 bases coming from?? He's stolen 3 bases iIn Anaheim in 100 AB this season. In AAA he stole 11 in 290 AB. He has never been projected to be a base stealer. I drafted Kendrick last year for my minors, I love the guy, but I think the Cafe is really overhyping him.
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:01 pm

winterball22 wrote:Where is all this talk of Kendrick stealing 30 to 40 bases coming from?? He's stolen 3 bases iIn Anaheim in 100 AB this season. In AAA he stole 11 in 290 AB. He has never been projected to be a base stealer. I drafted Kendrick last year for my minors, I love the guy, but I think the Cafe is really overhyping him.

This is what I am worried about. I'm contemplating keeping him over guys like Figgins and Atkins, possibly even Mike Young (though less likely) and I'm starting to think that maybe that isn't wise and he is a bit overhyped right now... :-?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Zito is God » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:06 pm

He is a great player with amazing projections, but I'm telling you guys Kinsler will outplay him next year (barring injury).

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby flowbee » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:42 am

Kendry Morales is punishing the ball in AAA...If he gets recalled and takes over 1st, and the way Quinlan's been playing, it could challenge Kendrick for at bats. Kendrick's been good but cooled off lately. Maybe not but something to think about
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:47 am

What's got my eye on Kendrick right now is the .189 average vs. lefties. Only 35-40 ab's, but a bit concerning. At least we have the rest of the season to look at him a bit more...
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:26 am

kingctb27 wrote:Looks like Howie is coming into what we thought he would.

Just destroyed the Yanks today with a 4-4 1 hr, 1 stl performance today.

I'm lovin it.

Still more to come. He's 6 for 6 on steals too. Hes going to be a steal in next years draft. I just wish they would move him up in the lineup. Either that or let him sit so I can get him late in a redraft league.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:20 pm

Think long term. He's a keeper, never hit below 360 at any minor league level.... That's unheard of. great speed, hits to all fields, will be full time starter next year at 2b. Over time that line drive power is going to start going yard more. On the basepaths, I've already had a couple of "How the hell did he wind up on that base?" moments.

You've got to keep in mind he'll be getting his # at the 2b spot. Next year, he'll be in Chase Utley territory, after that, probably the best 5X5 at 2nd by far... no weaknesses, average, speed and power.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:28 pm

His only "weakness" right now is, because he can make contact on just about any strikish pitch, he tends to often hit weakly a pitch he should've let go. He needs to learn he can afford to let the first strikish pitch go and wait on his pitch. I can already see that taking place though.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers