Howie, Howie, Howie.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Howie, Howie, Howie....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Howie, Howie, Howie....

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:36 am

This guy is absolutely beasting right now and is now in the #2 hole. Grab him and put him in at 2b, or you will be sorry.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:41 am

i think this kid will definitley win batting titles, you could just tell after his failed first stint he was gonna be good this time around, He should be a real assett to clubs this year & then for a very long time
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:25 pm

Stupid Question I'm sure: but whats his steal potential?
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:52 pm

Steal potential is high, he can motor and Scioscia is aggressive. He still has Vladdy stealing... Kendrick's "problem" is, he's been hitting a lot of doubles. He'll probably be the #3 hitter, so he's not a leadoff type hitter eventually. But his speed is amazing. He's gotten doubles off of what I assumed were singles to the outfield and has scored from 2nd on hits that I thought he'd stop at 3rd.

You never know, but it wouldn't shock me if Kendrick and Mauer become perrenial rivals for the batting title, but Kendrick has more speed and power.

My biggest problem is, I've got 3 position player keeper slots, but how do I dump Pujol, Miggy Cabrera or Crawford?
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:30 pm

johnsamo wrote:Steal potential is high, he can motor and Scioscia is aggressive. He still has Vladdy stealing... Kendrick's "problem" is, he's been hitting a lot of doubles. He'll probably be the #3 hitter, so he's not a leadoff type hitter eventually. But his speed is amazing. He's gotten doubles off of what I assumed were singles to the outfield and has scored from 2nd on hits that I thought he'd stop at 3rd.

You never know, but it wouldn't shock me if Kendrick and Mauer become perrenial rivals for the batting title, but Kendrick has more speed and power.

My biggest problem is, I've got 3 position player keeper slots, but how do I dump Pujol, Miggy Cabrera or Crawford?

Trade Crawford for a stud pitcher.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bartoates » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Does everyone really think Howie is worth keeping in a league with only a handful (say 3-5) of keeper slots? I'm in a 4-player keeper based on draft position so I'd love to keep Kendrick and only lose a last round pick, but can't we expect some very rough patches next season? Or is he a sure-fire stud?
bartoates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:39 pm

johnsamo wrote:Steal potential is high, he can motor and Scioscia is aggressive. He still has Vladdy stealing... Kendrick's "problem" is, he's been hitting a lot of doubles. He'll probably be the #3 hitter, so he's not a leadoff type hitter eventually. But his speed is amazing. He's gotten doubles off of what I assumed were singles to the outfield and has scored from 2nd on hits that I thought he'd stop at 3rd.

crawford + kazmir for a stud sp
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby mikekim2121 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:45 pm

He has solid speed and Scioscia certainly loves to send his guys but I think saying his steal potential is high is a bit of a stretch. I doubt he'll ever steal more than 25, which is still a nice number. But its not like he's a guy that'll carry you in the SB category.

He's definitely got a batting title or two in his future though.
Last edited by mikekim2121 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jbones733 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:24 pm

2 more hits & a stolen bag already today :-)
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby cookman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Is he going to be an everyday starter from here out? I have Cuddyer at second, and he's been good, but I think Kendrick is going to be much better. We have weekly lineups, though, and he'll kill me if he's sitting a game or two a week.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers