Top 2B prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top 2B prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:18 pm

Galt wrote:In addition to Utley, Weeks, and Uggla,

* Figgins will go ahead of Kendrick.
* Lugo will go ahead of Kendrick (as he'll qualify at 2B after getting traded to LA)
* Hall will go ahead of Kendrick if he qualifies at 2B (which he should with Weeks out).
* Freddie Sanchez, Cantu, and Iguchi should go ahead of Kendrick.
* Cano and Giles may go ahead of him (though they shouldn't) because of their names
* Barfield and Kinsler may go ahead of him depending on how they finish up the year.

Kendrick will likely be in the 6-10 range of 2B next year.

I disagree with a lot of this... He'll go ahead of Iguchi, Cano, Barfield, Kinsler, and Hall... The guy is 23, and will do better than all these guys I just named... He's in the top 5 2B in the league.
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:05 am

forgetting about cantu...look at what he has put together this season since hes been healthy...NOTHING...i project Utley and Kendrick 1,2 as well...kendrick is looking like hes going to be a gem...granted weeks is a young stud too, and look at the way uggla has come up and hit the ball, but safer option with all the hitting around kendrick with the Angels lineup...i would stick with good ole Howie

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby winterball22 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:52 pm

I don't think he can steal 30 bases next year. He stole 11 in 290 AB in AAA. In the majors he has stolen 3 in 97AB. If he goes 20/20 next year I would be very happy. He has speed and is a good baserunner, but not a big stolen base threat.
winterball22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:02 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:forgetting about cantu...look at what he has put together this season since hes been healthy...NOTHING...i project Utley and Kendrick 1,2 as well...kendrick is looking like hes going to be a gem...granted weeks is a young stud too, and look at the way uggla has come up and hit the ball, but safer option with all the hitting around kendrick with the Angels lineup...i would stick with good ole Howie
I really dont think he will get picked in front of Weeks or Utley.I'd say he is between 4-7 next season.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball