Top 2B prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top 2B prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby roamwood » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:10 pm

I think you will regret trading Kendrick for Morneau. There are a lot of 1b's in Morneau's plateu...next year it will probably be Chase Utley and Kendrick....then everyone else.

Kendrick will end up hitting .330 + with 15HR+ and 15SB+ for the next 10 years. Put him in the middle of the Angels lineup, and you are looking at 110+ runs and 90+ RBI's. Stick with Kendrick, and pickup a utility 1B along the way. A guy like Mike Jacobs will always be around to help your team out if you need power. Also dont forget older guys like Frank Thomas, Jim Thome, etc... who will sometimes be given up on for lesser talented younger projects.

Just my .02
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simply Dangerous » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:13 pm

roamwood wrote:I think you will regret trading Kendrick for Morneau. There are a lot of 1b's in Morneau's plateu...next year it will probably be Chase Utley and Kendrick....then everyone else.

Kendrick will end up hitting .330 + with 15HR+ and 15SB+ for the next 10 years. Put him in the middle of the Angels lineup, and you are looking at 110+ runs and 90+ RBI's. Stick with Kendrick, and pickup a utility 1B along the way. A guy like Mike Jacobs will always be around to help your team out if you need power. Also dont forget older guys like Frank Thomas, Jim Thome, etc... who will sometimes be given up on for lesser talented younger projects.

Just my .02

agreed, Utley and Kendrick will go 1 and 2 in drafts next year and there will be a huge dropoff in 2B talent. Young 1B will be much easier to find.
Simply Dangerous
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TurdFerguson » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:03 pm

In disagree....Weeks will go before Kendrick,and he will be better than Kendrick next year.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby EvSolo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:25 pm

i think weeks and uggla get drafted before kendrick.

how can i pass up kendrick for morneau? hes gonna jack 40
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EvSolo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:43 pm

and how quick to we forget about cantu?
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Galt » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:43 pm

In addition to Utley, Weeks, and Uggla,

* Figgins will go ahead of Kendrick.
* Lugo will go ahead of Kendrick (as he'll qualify at 2B after getting traded to LA)
* Hall will go ahead of Kendrick if he qualifies at 2B (which he should with Weeks out).
* Freddie Sanchez, Cantu, and Iguchi should go ahead of Kendrick.
* Cano and Giles may go ahead of him (though they shouldn't) because of their names
* Barfield and Kinsler may go ahead of him depending on how they finish up the year.

Kendrick will likely be in the 6-10 range of 2B next year.
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 pm

I think Weeks still has more upside than Kendrick but I could be wrong.Alot of 2B will go before Kendrick, but he also could end up being a steal next year in later rounds.
Last edited by TurdFerguson on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby roamwood » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:39 pm

In addition to Utley, Weeks, and Uggla,

* Figgins will go ahead of Kendrick.
* Lugo will go ahead of Kendrick (as he'll qualify at 2B after getting traded to LA)
* Hall will go ahead of Kendrick if he qualifies at 2B (which he should with Weeks out).
* Freddie Sanchez, Cantu, and Iguchi should go ahead of Kendrick.
* Cano and Giles may go ahead of him (though they shouldn't) because of their names
* Barfield and Kinsler may go ahead of him depending on how they finish up the year.

Kendrick will likely be in the 6-10 range of 2B next year.

Figgins wont be Yahoo Eligible at 2b. Trust me I have Figgins in a keeper league, and I am sure of that.

Out of the rest of the people that you put out there only Lugo has a legitimate chance of being better. Hall is a one year wonder, and his position as a keeper will not be 2b with Weeks in the fold. The only keeper 2b better than Kendrick is Utley. So why trade the 2nd best keeper at a difficult position to find for an above average 1b?

I wouldnt do that deal...sorry. The key to winning is finding talent at difficult positions. There is no more difficult position to find talent than 2b. You will regret losing Kendrick, I guarantee it.
roamwood
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Galt » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 pm

No.

Figgins has 5 games at 2B already. He will qualify in the vast majority of leagues, including all default Yahoo leagues.

Hall was great last year too. But yeah, he could be a 2-year wonder.

Cantu is only two years older than Kendrick and already has a 117 RBI/28 homer season, but he's been hurt this year.

Those three (plus Uggla, Weeks, and Utley) will definitely be ahead of Kendrick.

I have much more faith in Freddy Sanchez to put up great batting average numbers. Kendrick just doesn't take any walks which may fly in the minors, but is very difficult in the majors. Just look at Francoeur and Kemp's last few weeks in the majors.

Iguchi will put up the numbers that people HOPE Kendrick will put up next year and therefore offers much less risk.

Depending on how the year ends, I could also pick Barfield and/or Kinsler over Kendrick next year since Barfield looks to be a 15/30 guy next year.

Kendrick is all promise at this point, and it is completely foolish to project him as top 5 at his position at this point.
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:43 pm

Galt wrote:No.

Figgins has 5 games at 2B already. He will qualify in the vast majority of leagues, including all default Yahoo leagues.

he's played 6, so you are indeed correct

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball