Nelson Cruz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nelson Cruz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nelson Cruz

Postby frogfan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:44 pm

Buck just said on the Ticket here in Dallas that he plans on playing Cruz in RF for the big league club. Is very high on this kid. Probably won't be a worthwhile fantasy player in normal leagues, but in deep or AL only leagues, may be a guy to keep an eye on.
frogfan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:48 pm

i disagree. Cruz is one of the better hitting prospects right now. In 104 games cruz has 20 hrs/73 rbis/68 runs/17 SBs/.302 average. I think hes one of the best hitting prospects yet to get the call up. I am thinking about adding him in my 16 team league...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:03 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:i disagree. Cruz is one of the better hitting prospects right now. In 104 games cruz has 20 hrs/73 rbis/68 runs/17 SBs/.302 average. I think hes one of the best hitting prospects yet to get the call up. I am thinking about adding him in my 16 team league...

He's easily poised for 3 years of very nice production.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby seniorpaul » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:12 pm

As a Brewer fan, losing Nelson Cruz was the part of the Lee trade i didn't like. I understand that MLB is a buisness, and that the Brewers weren't going to be able to afford to keep Lee (especially after he turned down 4yrs/48mil), so trading him became an inevitability. But Nelson Cruz was our top minor league prospect, and i assumed that he would be getting a call-up once Lee was traded. The fact that we lost our best offensive player and our top OF prospect in the same deal kinda stings.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates