Carlos Lee Rejects 4 Year/$48 Million Extension - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Lee Rejects 4 Year/$48 Million Extension

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby decktard » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:42 am

Brewers wishlist:

Catcher
Middle Relief
Pitching in general

Dunno what we'll get though. No matter what happens the fans aren't going to like it. But with Hardy out for the season, Sheets and Ohka being hurt for a good chunk of the season... it was just kind of a dud. If everything had gone as planned expect the Brewers to be up a few games and be buyers instead of sellers.

Oh well... theres always next year, right? :-o
decktard
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ARN » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:46 am

decktard wrote:Brewers wishlist:

Catcher
Middle Relief
Pitching in general

Dunno what we'll get though. No matter what happens the fans aren't going to like it. But with Hardy out for the season, Sheets and Ohka being hurt for a good chunk of the season... it was just kind of a dud. If everything had gone as planned expect the Brewers to be up a few games and be buyers instead of sellers.

Oh well... theres always next year, right? :-o

why catcher? i havnt heard that one. THey seem content with miller and rivera
ARN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby converge241 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:05 am

maybe the rangers will give carlos a better deal
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:13 pm

wrveres wrote:It is certainly a fair deal, and props to Milwaukee for stepping up and making the offer if it is true. But I do not see why Lee should have to be loyal to Milwaukee. He has done his 7 years under the current system, including taking pennies on the dollar from Chicago, and now finished his arbitration. He has earned his right to go out into the free agent market to see what he can get.

While this is true, free agency sucks. Just like Beltran in KC. Small teams can never keep their studs. That's alot to say no too. There was this 2b, i forget his name. He turned down like 5 mil, and ended up signing for around $500,000. Sometimes it can kill you. Say Lee blows out something, and becomes a injury prone player? He may never see 48 mil.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:23 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
wrveres wrote:It is certainly a fair deal, and props to Milwaukee for stepping up and making the offer if it is true. But I do not see why Lee should have to be loyal to Milwaukee. He has done his 7 years under the current system, including taking pennies on the dollar from Chicago, and now finished his arbitration. He has earned his right to go out into the free agent market to see what he can get.

While this is true, free agency sucks. Just like Beltran in KC. Small teams can never keep their studs. That's alot to say no too. There was this 2b, i forget his name. He turned down like 5 mil, and ended up signing for around $500,000. Sometimes it can kill you. Say Lee blows out something, and becomes a injury prone player? He may never see 48 mil.

I believe the guy you're thinking of is Jody Reed, circa 1993.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers