Worst Trade Offer you've received? Or laughed at? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Worst Trade Offer you've received? Or laughed at?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:10 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:Kazmir + Ryan Howard for Liriano and Rockies farmhand Joe Koshansky

what side is the rip-off? :-?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:11 pm

I actually traded Shelton straight up for Peavy at the start of the year.

In another league, I got Crawford and Burnett for Swisher and Ollie Perez. :-o
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DevilDriver » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:27 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
teddyballgamemvp wrote:Kazmir + Ryan Howard for Liriano and Rockies farmhand Joe Koshansky

that's not a bad trade
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DevilDriver » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:29 pm

Yesterday I was offered Swisher, Ibanez, and Vazquez for my Bay, ARam, and Rolen. :-b
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby schmidty » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:33 pm

I recently got a good one. There were a few FB e-mails waiting for me. First, I was offered his Renteria and Ensberg for my Jeter and Chipper Jones. It was quickly withdrawn, then ammended: now its his Renteria/Ensberg/Wilkerson for my Jeter/Jones/Teixeira. As if the guy was thinking after he made the first offer: "Wait a minute. That's still not good enough. I better add in Wilkerson for Teix to make it better." Yeah, like I'd really want to do a trade swapping position for position in which I downgrade at every spot.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tianyi86 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:51 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

that's not a bad trade

If you are getting kazmir and howard side, i would do it in a heartbeat. Kazmimr is a little downgrade in pitching but howard is definitely an upgrade in 1b or util, unless u got pujols and hafner.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby buminabox » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 pm

tianyi86 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

that's not a bad trade

If you are getting kazmir and howard side, i would do it in a heartbeat. Kazmimr is a little downgrade in pitching but howard is definitely an upgrade in 1b or util, unless u got pujols and hafner.

Im pretty sure most people would take the Kazmir and Howard side, but its not a horrible trade. Your still getting Liriano, who righthas been the best pitcher in baseball since he got a rotation spot.
buminabox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:06 am

buminabox wrote:
tianyi86 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

that's not a bad trade

Im pretty sure most people would take the Kazmir and Howard side, but its not a horrible trade. Your still getting Liriano, who righthas been the best pitcher in baseball since he got a rotation spot.

I'd get Liriano and Koshansky.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:20 am

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
buminabox wrote:
tianyi86 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

that's not a bad trade

I'd get Liriano and Koshansky.

see...split opinion :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby djack909 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:27 am

was offered Crawdaddy for Weathers in April, and it wasn't vetoed. Recently. was offered Mench for Beltran
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers