Worst draft pick this year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Worst draft pick this year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cookman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:55 pm

First four picks: A Rod, Peavy, Helton, and Harden. All brutal busts this year. Also had F Cordero in the 8th, and Prior un the 10th. I hate my team.

Surprisingly, in spite of all those catastrophies, I'm in 5th place in this league. Had some other guys come through pretty big (Mauer, Kinsler, Holliday).
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philly_05 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:09 pm

1st round of our re draft for our keeper league. 12 team an we get 10 keepers with 5 minor league keepers. I drafted Marcus Giles with the 4th pick. Over guys like Glaus Papelbon Nomar Tom Gordon Bonderman. 8-o

Though I made up for it later drafting Verlander but then trading him in early May for Lidge. :-o
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 634)

Postby Mreater71 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:56 pm

Randy Johnson- just isn't the same Randy!
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:52 pm

jdsun1 wrote:teix in 1st round.
I remember not really following baseball last year but it seemed like everytime i saw a line teix had hit a homerun.

ensberg in 4th round
thought i had 3b spot locked up especially after he started off so hot

i disagree about the whole you only have urself to blame. fantasy baseball is all about luck. i made a few great picks in the late rounds and i just grabbed anyone basically

Tex had a slump last year, I think. I owned him either last year or 2004, and I recall living through some serious crapitude with him for a while. That may have been the precursor to this year.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:58 pm

j24jags wrote:im in 2nd with a team where I took Chone 19th pick, peavy 21st and sheffield 39th

I took Figgy at #113 to be my dynasty 2B. The thing, though, is that Plan B was Robinson Cano (I had decided it was time to get a 2B), who has a decent enough average, but his OBP is horrible and he doesn't get SBs among other deficiencies. Even on a per at-bat basis, he is a bottom tier 2B in our league, so it's not about the DL stint. I could have drafted Verlander, who was taken soon after. :~(
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:04 am

Lofunzo wrote:I disagree. You can at least trade a guy that has stunk.

If someone gets hurt, you can at least pick up someone with the open spot from the DL stint, and you can always hope for a miraculous recovery and, as I said, it's far easier to sleep knowing you drafted someone like Matsui or Sheff or D-Lee who were basically healthy and had freak accidents (drafting Wood and Prior and such, you just are asking for it!) than to draft Tex and watch him turn to Pokey Reese.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:00 am

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I disagree. You can at least trade a guy that has stunk.

If someone gets hurt, you can at least pick up someone with the open spot from the DL stint, and you can always hope for a miraculous recovery and, as I said, it's far easier to sleep knowing you drafted someone like Matsui or Sheff or D-Lee who were basically healthy and had freak accidents (drafting Wood and Prior and such, you just are asking for it!) than to draft Tex and watch him turn to Pokey Reese.

To each his own. At least Tex has some trade value right now. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:52 am

Would you consider Michael Young at pick #10 in a 12 teamer a bad pick?
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kurtangletn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:10 am

Peralta and Peavey

Peavey at 2nd, Peralta 6th...
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby djacks » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:59 pm

Aaron Rowand in the 9th round...thought I had a sleeper that would go .280/110/20/80/20....... !+) !+) !+)
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers