burrell out again? trade rumors? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

burrell out again? trade rumors?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AdvRider » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:02 pm

10 2 13 .279 over the past month -- pretty poor. I'm surprised his BA is that high.

Face it, Pat "Ofer" Burrell is not going to be in the starting lineup of any champion #1 fantasy baseball squad.

I dumped from one team for Cameron and from another for Gonzalez.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleedtheblue » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:26 pm

AdvRider wrote:10 2 13 .279 over the past month -- pretty poor. I'm surprised his BA is that high.

Face it, Pat "Ofer" Burrell is not going to be in the starting lineup of any champion #1 fantasy baseball squad.

Hmm. I'm in first and he's on my squad. Maybe I should give up now. :-o He is someone I watch closely with regards to matchups and he has done well for me in that regard.
"I always thought our house was haunted because nobody said boo to me" John Hiatt
bleedtheblue
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rckaflla88 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:29 pm

another no show on the lineup card....well...shopping dellucci? or is he on the blocks....
rckaflla88
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bleedtheblue » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:41 pm

rckaflla88 wrote:another no show on the lineup card....well...shopping dellucci? or is he on the blocks....

I think it is probable that Burrell, Abreu, or Delluci is gone by next week. Which one goes is the question.
"I always thought our house was haunted because nobody said boo to me" John Hiatt
bleedtheblue
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AdvRider » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:56 pm

bleedtheblue wrote:
AdvRider wrote:10 2 13 .279 over the past month -- pretty poor. I'm surprised his BA is that high.

Hmm. I'm in first and he's on my squad. Maybe I should give up now. :-o He is someone I watch closely with regards to matchups and he has done well for me in that regard.

Yes, but would you be in first if you started him every day and didn't pay attention to his matchups? It would have to be a pretty loaded team to absorb his deficient BA and frequent slumping.

Burrell has annoyed me for years but if he works for you -- more power to ya! ;-D
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby rckaflla88 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:02 pm

i draft him for his pop and ability to draw the bb's but man...sometimes..i wonder...its not like he has sexson pop either...
rckaflla88
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:01 pm

bleedtheblue wrote:
rckaflla88 wrote:another no show on the lineup card....well...shopping dellucci? or is he on the blocks....

I think it is probable that Burrell, Abreu, or Delluci is gone by next week. Which one goes is the question.

well if the phils cant trade abreu or burrell delucci is DEFINITELY gone. the phils want to trade abreu or burrell first but they realize they are the guys that are harder to deal because of their salaries, but thats what is going to happen. count on it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates