burrell out again? trade rumors? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

burrell out again? trade rumors?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

burrell out again? trade rumors?

Postby rckaflla88 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:35 pm

burrell is out again for this afternoons game. it wouldnt be an oddity if he played last night, however he was out last night as well. any news on injuries? there have been trade rumors swirling, did the phills yank burrell to be a yank?
rckaflla88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:52 pm

There was a rumor the Red Sox were interested in him and Abreu, also. So, who knows?
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bcb » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:58 pm

Is there anyone the Red Sox are NOT interested in acquiring before the TD?
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TonyCee » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:02 pm

bcb wrote:Is there anyone the Red Sox are NOT interested in acquiring before the TD?

LOL :-b :-b
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mberg121 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:07 pm

Burrell sits because he stinks and dellucci, who is hitting well over .300 will get a lot of starts vs righties.
Mberg121
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PointMachine » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:40 pm

This sucks :~(
PointMachine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jnormy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Mberg121 wrote:Burrell sits because he stinks and dellucci, who is hitting well over .300 will get a lot of starts vs righties.

Wow, has the steroids era skewed the power numbers SO much that 20 HRs and 65 RBI in 295 ABs "stinks"? Granted, he's not the most complete player in baseball, but plenty of teams would be happy to have that kind of production in one of their OF spots. (And it's not like Abreu's been helping him out much hitting ahead of him either.)

As for Dellucci, don't let the .300 average fool you. He's a lifetime .263 hitter over 10 major league seasons (a much larger sample size than his 124 ABs this year). And that includes .251, .254, and .247 the last 3 years against righties. If anything, that would indicate to me that the guy is due to come back down to earth anytime now.

I only hope Burrell gets traded to an organization that, unlike the Fillies, knows what the heck they're doing...
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby pangbones » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:06 pm

Burrell is absolutely KILLING me. I'm hoping the Phillies are playing Dellucci so they can showcase him, to trade him. Otherwise, my trade for Burrell may be the worst trade EVER!! If he'll sit vs righties the rest of the year, he's worthless in a weekly transction league. :-P
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby jnormy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:16 pm

pangbones wrote:Burrell is absolutely KILLING me. I'm hoping the Phillies are playing Dellucci so they can showcase him, to trade him. Otherwise, my trade for Burrell may be the worst trade EVER!! If he'll sit vs righties the rest of the year, he's worthless in a weekly transction league. :-P

Might also be that they're sitting Burrell 'cause a trade is in the works involving him, and they don't want the deal to be killed by an injury. Hang in there until the trading deadline. Hopefully there'll be a positive change for Burrell one way or the other.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mberg121 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:25 pm

jnormy wrote:
Mberg121 wrote:Burrell sits because he stinks and dellucci, who is hitting well over .300 will get a lot of starts vs righties.

Wow, has the steroids era skewed the power numbers SO much that 20 HRs and 65 RBI in 295 ABs "stinks"? Granted, he's not the most complete player in baseball, but plenty of teams would be happy to have that kind of production in one of their OF spots. (And it's not like Abreu's been helping him out much hitting ahead of him either.)

As for Dellucci, don't let the .300 average fool you. He's a lifetime .263 hitter over 10 major league seasons (a much larger sample size than his 124 ABs this year). And that includes .251, .254, and .247 the last 3 years against righties. If anything, that would indicate to me that the guy is due to come back down to earth anytime now.

I only hope Burrell gets traded to an organization that, unlike the Fillies, knows what the heck they're doing...

Dude, do you watch burrell play everyday? As someone who has to suffer through it, the guy stinks. He may be the worst player in history with runners on base or more particularly in scoring position with 2 outs, and he has more holes in his swing than swiss cheese. Not to mention he is awful in the outfield and painfully slow on the bases....barry bonds slow.

As for dellucci, I agree he is due for a big letdown, but hey the guy is hot right now and burrell is about as cold as anyone can possibly get, so why NOT bench him against righties?

Don't attack me by trying to rattle off statistics and claim that those mean he doesn't stink. Right now, the guy flat out stinks. Those numbers are about as hollow as can be. He'll strikeout when the game is on the line, but come up in a blowout and hit a meaningless homer. Anyone can say that he's hit 20 hrs, but what has that meant to the team? 46-53.
Mberg121
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates