Yahoo question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mordraken » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:34 pm

When you make a trade (even for one on the DL) the players are traded into active roster spots. If you are the one receiving Rios (or any player that is on the DL), you will have to receive him into a non-DL position regardless of his health at the time the trade is executed. That means you will have to open up a roster spot to receive him. Once you receive him, you can place him on the DL and then make another move to fill your now vacant active roster spot.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vladrules » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanks everyone.

It says "trade will be reflected on the lineup for Sunday, Jul 30." So that means I have to activate Rios by midnight Saturday.

Just want to make sure that this part is right. The trade will be processed Sunday morning (~4-7am)
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Knights » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:38 pm

^ No. The trade will be processed Saturday morning, and the ensuing players will be eligiable for your lineup on Sunday. Therefore you need to activate Rios in time for Friday at midnight.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby noseeum » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Can't you leave a player on the DL in Yahoo even after they're removed from it? As long as you don't change them, they can stay on the DL...

...Yeah, an owner in my league still has Prior on the DL even though he's active now.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bricklayer » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Yeah, you can leave them on the DL,as long as you don't try to make a roster move...
Bricklayer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby vladrules » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeah, you can leave them on the DL,as long as you don't try to make a roster move...

Are you saying that I can leave Rios in the DL spot when trade happens tonight? Isn't a trade considered a roster move?

TOR activated Rios today and he "should" be in the lineup tonight vs OAK(FRI game). So............Yahoo could take off Rios DL tag tonight when trade is processed. I can't take the chance so i'll have to dump someone.
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby vladrules » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:12 pm

Can't you leave a player on the DL in Yahoo even after they're removed from it? As long as you don't change them, they can stay on the DL...

...Yeah, an owner in my league still has Prior on the DL even though he's active now.

That just means he hasn't picked up a FA or WW a player. I'm pretty sure I'd have drop someone and activate Rios in order for my Ortiz trade to get processed. Thanks everyone.
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers