Be honest, has Fantasy Baseball affected your job or school? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Be honest, has Fantasy Baseball affected your job or school?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:17 pm

i dont know, but i will say this...

i went through a real slow period at work where all i did was check the Cafe and whatnot, and now when people want me to do real work i usually wait and do it AFTER i've checked in at the Cafe :*)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:33 pm

I'm very good at managing time and have a very flexible job...otherwise it would be the job or the hobby (and given the job I have that wouldn't be a hard decision...fbb would have to wait for a bit).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Deuce » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:07 pm

I have 4 Yahoo screen names. Only 13 teams. My problem is I work for the Giants, and have mistakenly held on to Bonds and Alou on several teams. Assuming they would come around.
So, to sum it up. NO, fantasy is not affecting my work. Work is affecting my fantasy.
:~(
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:18 pm

very addicting..

effected my school.. I can make up for it later. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 396)

Postby OToddWalker » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:38 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:yes definitely...there were tons of times i had to stay up until 3 am to make roster moves, or a COUPLE, (just a few) where i would set my alarm clock at 5 or 6 am to wake up when waivers cleared. ;-7

now thats overboard, i only wake up for :-°
OToddWalker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:47 pm

Awww crap I knew I was supposed to do something today
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Los_Dodgers » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:46 am

It affects my schoolwork to a certain extent...I'm a natural procrastinator, so that doesn't help either, but I'll sometimes find it hard to start an assignment because I'll be checking my teams or posting on here or something else along those lines. Oh well, though, if I didn't love the sport and the whole fantasy process I wouldn't be doing it, so I must accept the consequences.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:53 pm

OToddWalker wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:yes definitely...there were tons of times i had to stay up until 3 am to make roster moves, or a COUPLE, (just a few) where i would set my alarm clock at 5 or 6 am to wake up when waivers cleared. ;-7

now thats overboard, i only wake up for :-°

for relieved smiley faces? :-D B-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AdvRider » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:28 pm

Yuk yuk, I was just thinking I should get back to work and quit surfing the Cafe when I found this thread... O:-)

Yeah I'm addicted. At least a half-hour each morning to set the next day's lineups for six teams. Probably 8 to 10 hours a week total sometimes more.

But I'll tell you what, one of the crappiest days of the year is the day when fantasy baseball comes to a close.

I do the football basketball and hockey too but it's just not the same.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:38 pm

fantasy baseball as well as football has been incredibly addicting to me. It got to the point where I sat by my computer constantly hitting the refresh button here at the cafe and whenever someone started a new thread I couldnt wait to read it. I could not get fantasy sports off my mind. All I would talk about was fantasy baseball during the summer. When I would wake up I would look at my watch and anxiously wait for the games to begin. I even won my league last year ;-D Things have been different this year. Somehow my addiction has declined this year. I still do not know how it has happened, but I am kind of glad it has. At times it feels like something is missing. I still check my teams and try to stay on top of things, but I am trying to enjoy the game and not make it a bad addiction. My posts have declined here in the cafe as I am less addicted. But I will never give up fantasy sports, I just want to balance it out with other things in life.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers