Be honest, has Fantasy Baseball affected your job or school? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Be honest, has Fantasy Baseball affected your job or school?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tomkatt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:09 am

Actually for me it's a positive. I own a card shop. For the last two seasons I've been in roto leagues with daily lineups. I love it. Keeps me updated on all the news for players and teams. ;-D
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:14 am

It affects my home life, but not my job. I'm always on the computer, and my wife is usually naggin me to get off. I only have access to the internet on my cell phone at work, so it doesn't really affect my job, other than I'm ALWAYS lookin at scores on it.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:52 am

It doesnt affect work at all. I know I have to bring home the bacon so I dont let it get in the way too much. Of course my boss is a big time Braves fan as well so he doesnt mind me checking scores on my phone as long as I keep him updated.

At home it's only a problem during the drafting times. Sometimes I break down my early drafts and try to find "holes" in them so when I draft my keepers and my winner leagues I am more prepared. I'll also review and check out like 30 other drafts and find out when's the latest I cant take one of my sleepers or whatnot.

I have 5 yahoo ID's 4 teams on 4 of them and 8 on another (4 of those are midseason)

1st ID:Regular season Roto
Winner league 11 of 12
Other 3 I am 2 of 12 2 of 12 and 1 of 12

Midseason keeper roto
8 of 12

midseason rotos non-keepers
1 of 12 and 2 of 12

midseason h2h 4 of 12

Thats just 1 id the other ones are all about the same with the exception of like 4 teams, but I dont make alot of moves throughout the year, I average somewhere around 30-40 per team, I just really try to draft well and avoid risky picks (Prior,Wood, Griffey, Kent,) and whatever risky picks I do make are always rounds 11 and down.

Next year I plan on have having no more than 12 regular season teams and 4 midseason ones. (unless I win too many yahoo leagues I wont miss a winners league)

But it doesnt mess with my home life somewhat. Luckily my wife doesnt mind too much as long as I do my baseball teams late at night so she can use the comp most the day

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Smee » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:12 am

I don't obsessively check my team as some, apparently. I take the clock maker approach; I do my research, build my team, and sit back and make minor tweaks when I need to. I odn't even have stat tracker as I content myself with waiting until the next day to check my team.

It helps that I'm in a league with some friends who are certainly baseball fans, but not fantasy studs...if that makes sense.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby roninmedia » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:06 am

eftda wrote:I got in trouble checking the box score (on my phone) during my Bio class. :-b

Thanks Kentx ;-D

:-B

I go through the same, except with the NY Times. Explains my low test scores in bio. Thats why i dropped my yahoo leagues. Tired of daily line-up changes.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby LouisC9999 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:18 am

How bad is my fantasy sports addiction? I was setting my fantasy basketball lineup (Nov. 2005) minutes before going to my father's FUNERAL.
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:42 am

I work as a project manager-- so my free time is based on how quickly my projects are finished. My boss could care less what else I do with my time (his vice is reading about cycling, which boggles my mind).
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:20 am

LouisC9999 wrote:How bad is my fantasy sports addiction? I was setting my fantasy basketball lineup (Nov. 2005) minutes before going to my father's FUNERAL.

We have a winner 8-o
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby d18Mike » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:46 am

The fact that anyone is replying to this note between 9-5 speaks for itself.

What seems odd to me, however, is that I can be so interested in it during the season and just drop it like a rock the day the season is over.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:03 am

School, yea me and my friends in my leauges are always trying to find proxies to get around the firewalls, because Yahoo Fantasy is considered a game.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers