Be honest, has Fantasy Baseball affected your job or school? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Be honest, has Fantasy Baseball affected your job or school?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Be honest, has Fantasy Baseball affected your job or school?

Postby Bosy Billups » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:05 am

FB is like a second job, if you wish to stay up to date and compete. During the fall and winter, there seems to be more time to focus on, well, work or school. Just curious if you feel the same, or is FB merely a light hobby you don't spend too much time on.
Bosy Billups
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:12 am

yes definitely...there were tons of times i had to stay up until 3 am to make roster moves, or a COUPLE, (just a few) where i would set my alarm clock at 5 or 6 am to wake up when waivers cleared. ;-7

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ARN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:17 am

i have sat in physics planning draft order and working out keeping league free agency bids, leading to my notes having more baseball than physics in them... it prolly led to my low test scores... but that cant be proven
ARN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:20 am

I intentionally only have 2-3 leagues (baseball/football) to focus on, so it doesn't effect my 'real life' as much. My wife probably thinks it takes more of my time than I do though....
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eftda » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 am

I got in trouble checking the box score (on my phone) during my Bio class. :-b

Thanks Kentx ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Howie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:02 am

There's time to study in the winter? But thats when i play fantasy basketball, fantasy football, and fantasy hockey! ;-D ;-)
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby The Big Train » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:17 am

My obsession with fantasy baseball is ridiculous. This will have to be my last year. It's the first thing I check in the morning, the first thing I check when I come home, and the last thing I check before bed. I get angry to the point of wanting to break things when I'm not able to make last minute changes to my lineup before game time and then find out one of my players was benched and I wasn't able to sub for him. I have a folder on my favourites list of about 35 baseball sites that I check religiously for the smallest morsel of information that might help. I Google several players on my team every day to see if there is any new info.

Seriously, if I had the choice between making a last second roster move that would win me WHIP for the week, or nailing Kournikova... I would make the roster move. How retarded is that??? :-t (No cheeky replies necessary, I know that's bad....)
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:20 am

The Big Train wrote:My obsession with fantasy baseball is ridiculous. This will have to be my last year. It's the first thing I check in the morning, the first thing I check when I come home, and the last thing I check before bed. I get angry to the point of wanting to break things when I'm not able to make last minute changes to my lineup before game time and then find out one of my players was benched and I wasn't able to sub for him. I have a folder on my favourites list of about 35 baseball sites that I check religiously for the smallest morsel of information that might help. I Google several players on my team every day to see if there is any new info.

Seriously, if I had the choice between making a last second roster move that would win me WHIP for the week, or nailing Kournikova... I would make the roster move. How retarded is that??? :-t (No cheeky replies necessary, I know that's bad....)

Itd be cool to be in a league with you ;-D
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:21 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I intentionally only have 2-3 leagues (baseball/football) to focus on, so it doesn't effect my 'real life' as much. My wife probably thinks it takes more of my time than I do though....

Ditto. I never go above 2, and have generally kept it to my main league for the past 7. Even still, it affects my job.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Kurtangletn » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:57 am

I only have a couple of leagues so none at all.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers