Chris Capuano... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Capuano...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Capuano...

Postby superslugger616 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:01 am

A pretty horrible outing home against the Pirates...3 rough starts in a row. Will he start playing like i hoped he would when i traded for him 2 weeks ago?
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:54 am

Capuano made #10 on my most likely to have a turn-around in era/whip list (linked in my sig). However his last three games haven't been luck or BABIP related - they're related to the longball. He's given up 7hr's in the last 15.1ip after giving up 10hr in his first 129ip. This could be a fluke (and 2 of the games were in SERIOUS bandboxes in Cin and Ari) or it could be the start of a trend. He also had a 9k/5bb split in those games which seems to indicate that he's simply not pitching very well right now. Just like hitters though pitchers can go through slumps. I would say Capuano's still a great buy-low candidate as he still hasn't performed up to his component numbers but if I did get him right now I'd think seriously about letting him work out his issues on my bench.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby jeter2411 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:20 pm

He wil probably see a small step back in his stats in the second half and if the Crew doesn't start hitting the ball his wins may all but dissapear, but he should still have a solid second half.
jeter2411
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby byfrcp » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:43 pm

Umm I dunno if anyone else realizes this but . . . If you take away the 3 games he pitched against the Awful Cubs (3 games, 26 innings pitched, 0 ER) Capuanos ERA would be 4.57. So really Capuano hasn't been all that great, he just dominated a terrible team 3 times to make his ERA look good.
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheOmen » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:20 pm

Umm I dunno if anyone else realizes this but . . . If you take away the 3 games he pitched against the Awful Cubs (3 games, 26 innings pitched, 0 ER) Capuanos ERA would be 4.57. So really Capuano hasn't been all that great, he just dominated a terrible team 3 times to make his ERA look good.

If you take out the last three starts, his era would be 3.07. So yeah, that's great, but we can't take away any stats. Hence his era is in between the two.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates