Proctor for Betemit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Proctor for Betemit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Proctor for Betemit

Postby Octavian » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:10 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm loathing this rumor. The Yankees don't need a utility guy or another bat. The bullpen has been a mess as it is, do we really want to send away the most consistent middle relief guy in the pen, who throws in the high 90's, for some upstart youngster? Blah. No sir, I don't like it.

I'm also reading rumors about going after Reggie Sanders? Roberto Hernandez? Rodrigo Lopez? It makes me sick, if Cashman is really considering these deals, they need to fire him. :-P
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:02 am

I don't think any of those really make any sense for the Yanks at this point. We're going to get Matsui and Sheff back pretty shortly, so that would make Reggie Sanders absolutely worthless for us. The pen is kind of a mess right now, but it's not worth anything that we would have to give up to get anyone who's available.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:52 am

Yeah, I brought up the Betemit trade in the MLB Trade Rumors thread. Bad deal for the Yankees. So are all the others you listed.

Yankees need to just stand pat, and not make a move simply for the sake of making a move. They'll hopefully get some players back as the weeks go on (Cano, Dotel, Matsui, Sheffield, Pavano?). They are playing pretty good ball right now with guys like Melky and Guiel out there, no reason to make a trade for a guy like Reggie Sanders, who wouldn't be much of, if at all, an upgrade.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Octavian » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:07 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Yeah, I brought up the Betemit trade in the MLB Trade Rumors thread. Bad deal for the Yankees. So are all the others you listed.

Yankees need to just stand pat, and not make a move simply for the sake of making a move. They'll hopefully get some players back as the weeks go on (Cano, Dotel, Matsui, Sheffield, Pavano?). They are playing pretty good ball right now with guys like Melky and Guiel out there, no reason to make a trade for a guy like Reggie Sanders, who wouldn't be much of, if at all, an upgrade.

Agreed. With Sheff, Cano, and Matsui coming back within the next 4-6 weeks, the offense is going to be just fine. And like you said, they haven't been floundering without them. I'm loving that Guiel kid, solid move there.

Sadly, though... I think it's safe to say we'll never see anything from Pavano. What a bust that was, it'd have been wiser to allow the Sox to pay all that money for him, should've known better with his history.

I would like to see them go after an arm if they can, it's not like they have much to trade away save Hughes, which would be a HUGE mistake. But still, I can dream.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Stejay » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:22 pm

These would be a terrible group of trades for the Yankees.I am happy with the team we have got!
Stejay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:12 pm

Betemit went to the Dodgers and I'm happy about it. I hope that Proctor doesn't go to Philadelphia, either.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Octavian » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:53 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Betemit went to the Dodgers and I'm happy about it. I hope that Proctor doesn't go to Philadelphia, either.

I can't find anything about Betemit going to the Dodgers, though I see him listed on their active roster. Odd.
Last edited by Octavian on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:55 pm

Octavian wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Betemit went to the Dodgers and I'm happy about it. I hope that Proctor doesn't go to Philadelphia, either.

I can't find anything about Betemit going to the Dodgers, have a link to a story?

This or just search for him in your league:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6811/news
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Octavian » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:56 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Octavian wrote:

I can't find anything about Betemit going to the Dodgers, have a link to a story?

This or just search for him in your league:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6811/news

Yeah, I went to the Dodgers site and looked him up on their roster. Either way, good. If he's a Dodger he's not a Yankee, and Proctor stays in the already weak Yankee pen.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to New York Yankees