How close is this AL ROY race? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How close is this AL ROY race?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Los_Dodgers wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:I agree with Liriano. Kruk suggested yesterday that the top 5 were Paps, Liriano, Halladay, and Schilling and Beckett :-o

Can we have Harold back please?

Kruk is SO STUPID. A couple months ago, when Contreras was still on his streak, he suggested that he was the best pitcher in baseball. I hate this guy. He makes me sick. I could be a better analyst, and I'm only 9 years old.

You're 9 years old?!?
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Smee » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:08 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
Los_Dodgers wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:I agree with Liriano. Kruk suggested yesterday that the top 5 were Paps, Liriano, Halladay, and Schilling and Beckett :-o

Kruk is SO STUPID. A couple months ago, when Contreras was still on his streak, he suggested that he was the best pitcher in baseball. I hate this guy. He makes me sick. I could be a better analyst, and I'm only 9 years old.

You're 9 years old?!?

That is remarkably coherent for anyone on the internet, regardless of their age. If you're actually 9 years old you are to be commended.

I think Liriano has gotten the majority of the buzz this year which is half the battle. Unless the wheels fall off, I think he's the favorite.

How will his consideration for Cy Young affect his chances at ROY? It seems to me that winning Cy Young should grant him ROY by default but I could see ROY as being a sort of consolation prize for either Verlander or Papalbon.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RyanK » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:09 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
Los_Dodgers wrote:

You're 9 years old?!?

mightve meant 19? His grammer is much better than I'd expect outta someone whos 9
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:23 pm

he's definitely kidding, 9 year olds don't know how to use a computer
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Los_Dodgers » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:41 pm

Hahahahah, I was joking. I was merely attempting to accentuate the full extent of Kruk's stupidity. Of course I'm not 9. I'm 10. ;-D
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:26 pm

Liriano is the best of the bunch and should win the award hands down if all keep their current pace.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby CircleMeBert » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:27 pm

Kruk makes me sick. ESPN is just full of these retards who clearly do not look at stats all. Kruk especially, it's like he only goes by "intangibles".
CircleMeBert
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby buminabox » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:31 pm

CircleMeBert wrote:Kruk makes me sick. ESPN is just full of these retards who clearly do not look at stats all. Kruk especially, it's like he only goes by "intangibles". .

Thats cause he pretty much sucked as a major league player if you look at "statistics", so he has to focus on "intangibles" to keep his ego up.
buminabox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Los_Dodgers » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:17 pm

buminabox wrote:
CircleMeBert wrote:Kruk makes me sick. ESPN is just full of these retards who clearly do not look at stats all. Kruk especially, it's like he only goes by "intangibles". .

Thats cause he pretty much sucked as a major league player if you look at "statistics", so he has to focus on "intangibles" to keep his ego up.

I must say, that is a damn good theory.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ukrneal » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 am

Both are pitching so well at the moment. Although Liriano had put up better numbers, I think that Verlander has been more critical for his team. Liriano still has Santana. Verlander has...Rogers?!?!?! Anyway, still lots of time for anything to happen, and the critical month of August just around the corner.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers