Minnesota Twins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Minnesota Twins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:49 pm

Liriano and Santana are great everywhere and the Twins win games at home regardless of who pitches. That's a lot of Ws.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 pm

As frustrated as I've been with Radke over the years, he is definitely capable of pitching .500 - please do your homework.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Smee » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:58 pm

If the Twins make the playoffs they could really do some damage. Their bullpen is fantastic and their starting pitching has been on fire. That's the recipe for going deep in the playoffs.

But yeah, it depends of if they can keep up this torrid pace.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:07 pm

Smee wrote:If the Twins make the playoffs they could really do some damage. Their bullpen is fantastic and their starting pitching has been on fire. That's the recipe for going deep in the playoffs.

But yeah, it depends of if they can keep up this torrid pace.

I agree, thats why I'm hoping they'll make the playoffs, to see just how far they can go.
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:12 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:As frustrated as I've been with Radke over the years, he is definitely capable of pitching .500 - please do your homework.

tigers, indians, white sox offenses. that's the only homework i need to do.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:43 pm

Radke just had two quality starts in a row vs. the White Sox and Indians.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:19 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:well it's only a 4 man rotation correct?

Nope. With the off day tomorrow, though, Baker can be skipped, but this is still a five man rotation.

i definetly dont see silva or radke being able to pitch well enough to be .500 pitchers, not in this division.

Well then, go ahead and ignore Radke's 2.09 and 3.24 June and July ERA, including 5 of his last 6 being quality starts, two of which against the Indians and WSox.
and i defenitly dont see liriano keeping up this pace. he's on pace for over 200 innings right? the guy has never gone over 130 and he threw that much once.

Liriano has thrown just 107 thus far. He averages about 35 a month so he should end the year around 180. By keeping him in the bullpen until mid-May they preserved his arm for this pennant race. By the way, last season Liriano threw 191.1 innings combined in AA/AAA/MLB, and in '04 he threw 156.2 in A+/AA.

also the twins have never been buyers so im not sure why anyone would expect them to be now.

How quick you forget the Rick Reed and Todd Jones deadline acquisitions in 2001 and Shannon Stewart and Jesse Orosco in 2003. They also got Nathan/Liriano/Bonser in a deal with SF, but that was an offseason deal, so I'm not sure if you want to count that; but that deal certainly has 'bought' them a playoff birth this season.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby CircleMeBert » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:22 pm

As a Twins fan, i'm just praying we get to the playoffs. Our Team is built for playoff dominance in my opinion. With Santana and Liriano, you have almost a sure 2 wins. Have those guys start, and follow up with Reyes, Rincon, and Nathan in the pen. Seems like they have all the tools right now (assuming we keep hitting well) to make a serious playoff run.
CircleMeBert
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:49 pm

Ok, I knew that they had been hot, but when I read that they are tied for the WC lead, I had to go check it.

How is that possible? Weren't they like 7 or 8 back a few weeks ago? That's insane. Now I'm alot more worried about the Yankees playoff chances, and at this point, I might be more afraid of Minnesota than I am of the White Sox.

Hopefully 2/3 of the teams from the Central cool off (ChiSox have been playing poorly lately, hopefully they can keep that up :-° ), but I wouldn't count on it.

:-o
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:57 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Ok, I knew that they had been hot, but when I read that they are tied for the WC lead, I had to go check it.

How is that possible? Weren't they like 7 or 8 back a few weeks ago? That's insane. Now I'm alot more worried about the Yankees playoff chances, and at this point, I might be more afraid of Minnesota than I am of the White Sox.

It's quite easy to explain. When you saw the 7-8 GB, the White Sox were equally hot. The White Sox have been horrible over the past two weeks or so, but the Twins never cooled off.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers