Minnesota Twins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Minnesota Twins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Minnesota Twins

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:31 pm

I hadn't been taking them seriously as a playoff contender all year, but these guys are just on fire, and now with their sweep of the White Sox they actually are tied for the wild card lead. 8-o

Their pitching staff is pretty good, but their offence isn't the deepest. Is there any way they can keep this up, or are they just playing over their heads and bound to fall back to the pack before long?.. :-?
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:36 pm

I think they have a great shot at making the playoffs. Having Liriano and Santana is almost like having 2 sure wins a week, and Radke has been pitching great for over a month now. Mauer and Morneau also seem to be doing a great job of carrying the offense.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:38 pm

hurts the chances of the jays possibly winning the wild card too..

wow.. i definetly wasnt expecting them to play this well.. they have showed some great stuff recently.. dangerous team :-o
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 411)

Re: Minnesota Twins

Postby Young 8 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:00 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:I hadn't been taking them seriously as a playoff contender all year, but these guys are just on fire, and now with their sweep of the White Sox they actually are tied for the wild card lead. 8-o

Their pitching staff is pretty good, but their offence isn't the deepest. Is there any way they can keep this up, or are they just playing over their heads and bound to fall back to the pack before long?.. :-?

42-17 since Liriano's debut as starting pitcher

!+)
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Minnesota Twins

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:05 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:Is there any way they can keep this up, or are they just playing over their heads and bound to fall back to the pack before long?.. :-?

yes they can definetly keep up the .840 winning percentage theyve had over thier last 40 or so games.. :-?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:12 pm

When you have the best two starters in baseball, playing .500 ball when the other three guys take the hill makes your club a legitimate .600+ ballclub. I think they'll catch the Tigers, provided they get a bat -- any bat -- at the deadline.

28-7 (.800) when Liriano or Santana start this season. 8-o
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Amazing Oopah » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:21 pm

Hmm, if they can get themselves into the playoffs and Radke can keep pitching the way he is..... Watch out.

They do still need some bats though. Rondell White and whatever junk they have in there won't cut it long term.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Ursa » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:Hmm, if they can get themselves into the playoffs and Radke can keep pitching the way he is..... Watch out.

They do still need some bats though. Rondell White and whatever junk they have in there won't cut it long term.

That junk currently has the fifth best team BA in the AL, to go with the bullpen's AL-best ERA. Those little guys on the lineup card no-one has ever heard of can play ball - they scrap like dogs for a bone and they never give up.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:29 pm

davidmarver wrote:When you have the best two starters in baseball, playing .500 ball when the other three guys take the hill makes your club a legitimate .600+ ballclub. I think they'll catch the Tigers, provided they get a bat -- any bat -- at the deadline.

28-7 (.800) when Liriano or Santana start this season. 8-o

well it's only a 4 man rotation correct?

i definetly dont see silva or radke being able to pitch well enough to be .500 pitchers, not in this division. and i defenitly dont see liriano keeping up this pace. he's on pace for over 200 innings right? the guy has never gone over 130 and he threw that much once.

also the twins have never been buyers so im not sure why anyone would expect them to be now.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:48 pm

Ursa wrote:
Amazing Oopah wrote:Hmm, if they can get themselves into the playoffs and Radke can keep pitching the way he is..... Watch out.

That junk currently has the fifth best team BA in the AL, to go with the bullpen's AL-best ERA. Those little guys on the lineup card no-one has ever heard of can play ball - they scrap like dogs for a bone and they never give up.

Jason Bartlett has been on fire since the call up
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers