Borowski...closer for Marlins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Borowski...closer for Marlins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Borowski...closer for Marlins?

Postby rib217 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:43 pm

Is Borowski gonna remain the Closer for the Marlins this year, i read a post that said he might be traded to a team and not close. is this true?
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cakewalk5 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:49 pm

That rumor's been around for a long time, and Florida has not hid that they would part with Borowski since he is older and they have two arms to take his place. In fact, everyone supposed he would be traded during forecasts the beginning of this season (and that FLA would lose over 100 games...hah!).

But FLA now does not seem to really care to trade him. They like what he can do, and he's cheap for another year. They probably think with their progression over this year, they could contend next year, and he's proven when healthy he's a cheap, dependable closer.

But a team might need a setup man bad and trade for him. FLA's never opposed to stocking their farm system. The trade would probably have to be a WAS-CIN head scratcher, though.
cakewalk5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:29 pm

he is only under contract for 2006 so i wouldnt be at all surprised to see him go. in fact, i kind of expect it. i am looking to move him in a league or two right now since its pretty unlikely he will get saves if he moves.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby cakewalk5 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:48 pm

I didn't see it was a one-year incentive contract. Thought they signed him to a two-year deal. Seeing that, Florida would be a fool to not trade him. I doubt they would want to pay competing offers once he becomes a FA.

I don't know, maybe they would actually pay for him next year as the one person on the team old enough to buy beer.
cakewalk5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:09 pm

Hopefully Tankersly takes his spot.

Taylors numbers are awesome ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby in10s » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:38 pm

Tankersley has been on the board a lot, check out http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=230412 and the pinned closer thread
in10s
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers