Prior - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby psflipper » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:31 am

so prior stunk it up again. He's driving me crazy. I've had him in a keeper league for years and I keep hoping he'll give me something this year so I haven't dropped him. I'm starting to think it's time to do it though. Does anybody have any reason to expect him to not suck this year?
psflipper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TeamMikeDeveraux » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:36 am

i have him on my team, and i would not drop him...his velocity is there, he just seems to be in a mental funk. After an injury (or series of them) it is often tough to trust your body. I think (and hope) something will click with him soon here, but until he has 2 good outings in a row, id leave him on your bench.
TeamMikeDeveraux
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stevekahuda » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Actually, it looks like his velocity is down. I watched the last debacle, and he was in the high 80s low 90s. Definitely not in the 95-96 zone where he has been the last couple of years
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:30 pm

i'm real close to cutting him loose
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby 5 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:04 pm

on to the third page and not one instance of the word 'vagina'.

I'd hang on to him if I had Prior but she's had so many problems already in her short career. Her friend Kerry too.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:10 pm

5 wrote:on to the third page and not one instance of the word 'vagina'.

I'd hang on to him if I had Prior but she's had so many problems already in her short career. Her friend Kerry too.

Now, now...let's not have that.

You can feel free to denigrate Prior by referring to him using feminine referrences but Kerry Wood doesn't deserve that treatment. Wood has legitimate injuries and the fact that he throws with such terrible mechanics that he's basically ripping his arm out of socket on every pitch certainly doesn't help anything. In fact, simply throwing a pitch with that motion more than once per season should qualify Kerry Wood for a tough-man award. He's a lot tougher than that Mark Prior chick. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:31 pm

ill i got to say is if you think hes so bad then quit talking about dropping him and just do it...i garentee someone in that league picks him up right after you drop him...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:39 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:ill i got to say is if you think hes so bad then quit talking about dropping him and just do it...i garentee someone in that league picks him up right after you drop him...

I agree that you can't really drop him in a keeper and doing so in a redraft is even questionable unless it's a shallow league. I don't know why you would have drafted him in most league formats in the first place though as anything other than a late round flyer.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby fungerburke » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:41 am

Funny that I should come across this thread. I just dropped Prior a few hours ago. mught be a mistake, a huge one even, but I've had enough. I have had him since the draft and I figured i put myself through enough misery having him fill a precious roster spot on my team. I wish him well.
fungerburke
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates