Prior - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nolanwood » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:22 am

LukeW9027 wrote:Typical Joke response from a couple a brewer fans. 50% of priors injuries have been flukes such as taking a comebacker on the elbow and straining an oblique in BP. Start seeing through unbiased eyes and realize that Prior is progressing well and hopefully will make the neccesary adjustments to become the pitcher he was in 2003, that was the guy you drafted. not the guy who has been hampered with injuries for the last 2 years.

You should be happy you dont have wood

(They're probly still mad that there are more cubs fans at miller during the Brewers vs. Cubs than brewers fans. a pitiful fanbase. its really embarrasing when they are advertising and begging fans to come to the series to "take back miller park"

Laughable :-b

More than 50% of his injuries have been a fluke. ;-)

I don't believe a word any of those chicago writer's say but Miles, as they are always looking to stir some poo on the Northside. You'd think they'd have their hands full with Ozzie, but I guess the Mariotti debacle scared them off.
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:32 am

If I were low in the standings and needed to take some bold chances and could get him cheap, I'd take a crack at it. He could help.

If am 1-3 in the standings, I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:08 am

LukeW9027 wrote:Typical Joke response from a couple a brewer fans. 50% of priors injuries have been flukes such as taking a comebacker on the elbow and straining an oblique in BP. Start seeing through unbiased eyes and realize that Prior is progressing well and hopefully will make the neccesary adjustments to become the pitcher he was in 2003, that was the guy you drafted. not the guy who has been hampered with injuries for the last 2 years.

(They're probly still mad that there are more cubs fans at miller during the Brewers vs. Cubs than brewers fans. a pitiful fanbase. its really embarrasing when they are advertising and begging fans to come to the series to "take back miller park"

Whats laughable is the Cubs franchise. Last time I looked the Cubs were one of the worse team's in baseball. ;-D
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jeter2411 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:18 pm

I agree! I was at two out of the three games during the subs brewers series before the break and the Cubs fans were morons! They do nothing but sit there and b*#ch about their own players. I sat in front of a guy who yelled at ARam for not legging a single into a double (that no player in the league would have tried!) and then proceed to yell that they should trade his @$$. How's that look now moron? Only the hottest hitter in baseball! Cubs fans are hopeless morons that are more pathetics than Red Sox fans! Long live the billy goat! Long live Steve Bartman!

Oh and by the way, when you have ten injuries in two years, it's not hard to have 50% of them be flukes!

All that being said, I think Prior will actually have a nice second half!
jeter2411
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:24 pm

jeter2411 wrote:I agree! I was at two out of the three games during the subs brewers series before the break and the Cubs fans were morons! They do nothing but sit there and b*#ch about their own players. I sat in front of a guy who yelled at ARam for not legging a single into a double (that no player in the league would have tried!) and then proceed to yell that they should trade his @$$. How's that look now moron? Only the hottest hitter in baseball! Cubs fans are hopeless morons that are more pathetics than Red Sox fans! Long live the billy goat! Long live Steve Bartman!

Oh and by the way, when you have ten injuries in two years, it's not hard to have 50% of them be flukes!

Let's not lump all the Cubs fans out there in with the morons that were drunk off their rear ends at the game that you attended. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:33 pm

id much rather have Prior then Jared Wright...prior's losses are pinned on injuries, whats Wright's deal? in short terms hes terrible has worse control then prior WITH the injuries...and then theres the brew crew, gotta love them see they can bash all they want when the brewers are ACTUALLY winning, but in the 4 years previous to this year where were they? DEAD LAST in the division 3 outta 4 so yall can just shut it....

anyways, its not prior's deal with the injuries, the worst day in cubs history for pitchers was the day they got good ole Dusty...he over uses his pitchers WAY too much and plays favorites...hes overpitched kerry, prior, and soon to be zambrano...i believe prior will have a good 2nd half...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby nolanwood » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:24 pm

jeter2411 wrote:I agree! I was at two out of the three games during the subs brewers series before the break and the Cubs fans were morons! They do nothing but sit there and b*#ch about their own players. I sat in front of a guy who yelled at ARam for not legging a single into a double (that no player in the league would have tried!) and then proceed to yell that they should trade his @$$. How's that look now moron? Only the hottest hitter in baseball! Cubs fans are hopeless morons that are more pathetics than Red Sox fans! Long live the billy goat! Long live Steve Bartman!

Jesus Christ, this coming from a Skankees fan? Would you like me to make some broad generalizations about those fine Yanks fans? Better yet, how about I cuss the best 3B in the game because he isn't "clutch", as if there was such a thing. ;-D
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dc928 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Hey common man, cut Cubs Fan some slack here. If your team never win for more than 100 years and is say to be cursed by a
Goat, you probably be bitter too. ;-D

I mean heck even Boston and their suppose little bro White Sox won it already. I kind of feel bad for the Cubs fan tho. No wonder they are so bitter.

As for Prior, I mean yes, some of his injury is freak injury. But common, this guy just refuse to take any pain. For crying out loud, look at C Schiling pitching with blooding ankle, look at all the great pitchers of all time, when do you ever hear them complaining like he does. It is such a waste of talent.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LukeW9027 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:16 am

TurdFerguson wrote:

Whats laughable is the Cubs franchise. Last time I looked the Cubs were one of the worse team's in baseball. ;-D

Last time i looked the brewers have never played in a world series, and never have the managing or talent to even make the playoffs in these last 5 years. They continue to blow opportunities to make it to the post season. its a lot less dissapointing when you know you're out of it rather than actually thinking that you have a chance, only to choke away the chances time after time.

At least the cubs can make the playoffs.

and by the way, say your goodbyes to "el caballlo" b/c in the words of the joke "Hawk" Harrelson..."He gownnn!"
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jeter2411 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:18 am

Check your stats before you open your mouth...1982...world series...Brewers/Cards.

And as for Carlos Lee, I hope he is traded...I don't think we can make a serious push this year and we should be able to get something for him, plus, if we want to give him the money he would probably come back in the offseason as a free agent.

The Brewers will be in another world series before the Cubs!
jeter2411
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates