Prior - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prior

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:10 pm

his numbers look pretty good...the 5 walks are a little concerning and so are just the 3 K's but other then that it looks like a great start...no hits in 5 2/3 innings against the mets is very encouraging and after this i have to believe he is coming back

did anyone see the game? how did he look? think he is ready to start producing once again?
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kkhere » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:21 pm

he looked solid but walked the leadoff man 3 innings in a row which was not a good sign but overall besides the walks it looks like he is progressing well.
kkhere
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby psflipper » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:42 pm

not sure whether to start him next time around or if I should wait one more game.
psflipper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ActionHero » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Not sure if this anything to panic about, but I thought I heard that he tweaked a muscle, and Dustie pulled him out sometime after that. I'll try to find the source... :-o
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Mark Prior said he experienced some cramping in a finger on his pitching hand late in his outing on Wednesday.
It's probably nothing to worry about, but if he experiences a similar problem in his bullpen session later this week, the Cubs might decide to postpone his next start. Jul. 26 - 6:21 pm et

This guy is the biggest f@#$%^& p()*& I have ever seen in my entire life.I am so sick of his bulls*&^.I am so close to just dropping him.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ActionHero » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:53 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:Mark Prior said he experienced some cramping in a finger on his pitching hand late in his outing on Wednesday.
It's probably nothing to worry about, but if he experiences a similar problem in his bullpen session later this week, the Cubs might decide to postpone his next start. Jul. 26 - 6:21 pm et

This guy is the biggest f@#$%^& p()*& I have ever seen in my entire life.I am so sick of his bulls*&^.I am so close to just dropping him.

Yes I think you should drop him

The guy just threw 103 pitches of no-hit ball. Cut him some slack. He was running out of gas anyway. They took him out for precautionary reasons. If you read carefully, you'll see that it's the writer making up the stuff about the Cubs possibly postponing his next start. He's just conjecturing.

Most of his injuries have been of the freak nature variety. If anything you should be encouraged by this outing. The control will come. The velocity will come. He's been a disappointment so far this year, but shit happens.
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:17 pm

ActionHero wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:Mark Prior said he experienced some cramping in a finger on his pitching hand late in his outing on Wednesday.

Yes I think you should drop him

The guy just threw 103 pitches of no-hit ball. Cut him some slack. He was running out of gas anyway. They took him out for precautionary reasons. If you read carefully, you'll see that it's the writer making up the stuff about the Cubs possibly postponing his next start. He's just conjecturing.

Most of his injuries have been of the freak nature variety. If anything you should be encouraged by this outing. The control will come. The velocity will come. He's been a disappointment so far this year, but shit happens.
I've had him in a dynasty league for the past three years , and its been nothing but torture.He has had some bad luck, but he has also been to blame.If you watched the replays you can see him shaking his hand.Anyway you slice and dice it he is a freaking p*&&^.Evertime something encouraging happens he comes back with some bull$%^& injury.So keep telling yourself it will all comeback because he will just let you down.I am as seasoned as it get when it comes to Prior, and he just hasnt been disappointing this year , its three years running.
Last edited by TurdFerguson on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:47 pm

Turd, I couldn't agree more. Prior's got no cojones whatsoever. I will never draft him again, in fact I won't even put his name on my cheat-sheets.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hwiggen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:00 pm

Years from now we'll look back on Prior's career and say, "His inability to withstand pain was legendary."
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:45 am

Typical Joke response from a couple a brewer fans. 50% of priors injuries have been flukes such as taking a comebacker on the elbow and straining an oblique in BP. Start seeing through unbiased eyes and realize that Prior is progressing well and hopefully will make the neccesary adjustments to become the pitcher he was in 2003, that was the guy you drafted. not the guy who has been hampered with injuries for the last 2 years.

You should be happy you dont have wood

(They're probly still mad that there are more cubs fans at miller during the Brewers vs. Cubs than brewers fans. a pitiful fanbase. its really embarrasing when they are advertising and begging fans to come to the series to "take back miller park"

Laughable :-b
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates