When is Ryan Shealy going to get playing time?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When is Ryan Shealy going to get playing time??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eazyb81 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:33 pm

Wow, can't believe Colorado caved and took Affeldt and Bautista for Shealy and what's his name (Dohmann?). Big win for Dayton Moore, Shealy will be the starting 1st baseman as soon as tomorrow and will should produce nicely in regular playing time the rest of the year.

It will be interesting to see what he is capable of next year when he is surrounded in the lineup by Gordon, Butler, and possibly Sweeney, in addition to Teahen and Dejesus. Royals look like they are starting to put together a nice lineup, now if they could only work on that pitching staff..... :-[
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:44 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:dude huber is in the minors. Dont you think with shealy already being called up and stairs getting traded that there is a chance shealy gets the full-time DH or 1B spot???

Dude, Huber has been mishandled and should be starting over Minny. KC has a problem with being overloaded with corner IF. (mainly 1B) Sweeney (over-paid and oft-injured) is coming back, Butler, Gordon, Teahan, Huber, & now Shealy. Add on Minny who could be easily DFA you have a huge log jam.

dude, Huber is trying out in the OF now. Gordon is not getting the call up anytimes soon, Sweeney just got hurt again in rehab(though a minor one), Minny sucks with the bat, there's no telling if Teahen's bat will keep up. If they all pay off, we can still move them around. Shealy will be the DH/1B starting tomorrow ;-D

Well, Shealy has tried playing the OF and couldn't cut it and Butler is a DH and not a great OF. He's blocked by Sweeney. Sanders (should have been moved) is signed through 2007 blocks Butler, Huber has no place in the future KC outfield with Gathright, Dejesus, Butler/Sanders while Sweeney is signed through 2007. Sorry, it doesn't fit unless some moves are made.

Sanders will be moved when Butler is really. Both Gordon and Teahen has the speed for the OF. If all the young ones work out(which is unlikely). This is our lineup. I have little to no faith that Sweeney will be back.

C-Buck
1B-Shealy
2B-Grudzelanek
SS-Berroa, unfortunately
3B-Gordon
LF-Dejesus
CF-Gathright
RF-Butler/Huber
DH-Butler/Huber(I think Butler can be okay in the OF, not sure about the Aussie)

Sanders can be moved as he's a valued commodity that can still put up points. Sweeney's contract ends after 2007 and I don't think he'll be an effective MLB player anymore.

Tavish. what does Huber's BP 50% say? Not as good as Shealy right? If everything works out, Huber might be the odd man out.(read: trading chip for pitching)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:10 pm

1. Amazed Grundz, Sanders, and Minny weren't moved.

2. Amazed Barmes wasn't involved in KC-Col deal.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:29 pm

Havok1517 wrote:1. Amazed Grundz, Sanders, and Minny weren't moved.

2. Amazed Barmes wasn't involved in KC-Col deal.

1. Grudz is the only vet on the team now, Sanders and Minny is hurt and has little to no value now.

2. I wish so too, anything is better than Berroa :-P
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:25 pm

Nice move by KC. ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:27 pm

Not sure why you were surprised Barmes wasn't moved... there was no reason or indication for it to happen.

I wish Shealy well, he deserves the chance to play everyday and see what he can do. Plus I think Koshansky will be better. ;-D
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:38 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:Not sure why you were surprised Barmes wasn't moved... there was no reason or indication for it to happen.

I wish Shealy well, he deserves the chance to play everyday and see what he can do. Plus I think Koshansky will be better. ;-D

Tuly is the future at SS for Colorado.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:48 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:Not sure why you were surprised Barmes wasn't moved... there was no reason or indication for it to happen.

Barmes was never anything and never had any trade value since his hot streak a while ago.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:58 pm

Havok1517 wrote:

Obviously, but if we traded Barmes who would replace him until Tulo is ready? I know the Royals were trying to unload Berroa, thankfully we didn't take on that trash at least.

Barmes isn't a bad utility player in a few years, but thats all he'll amount to.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Obviously, but if we traded Barmes who would replace him until Tulo is ready? I know the Royals were trying to unload Berroa, thankfully we didn't take on that trash at least.

Barmes isn't a bad utility player in a few years, but thats all he'll amount to.

Tuly just went on the DL today, but it's precautionary move to him getting hit in the hand the other night. I see Berroa as an overpaid utility player, right now. Barmes would have been an upgrade for KC. I like this deal better for both parties...

Redman, Berroa, Affeldt, & Bautista for Shealy, Barmes, and Dohmann with KC paying some of the salaries. Redman is a pending FA with high groundball tendencies which will help for a division title run while upgrading Col's rotation. Berroa keeps SS warm for Tuly. Barmes give KC a somewhat young MLB capable SS. Makes sense to me.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers