2007 2B Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 2B Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:27 pm

davidmarver wrote:
ZIG wrote:If you're going based on a hunch and some minor league numbers that have not translated into the majors yet as your ONLY sources then I would say you lose this arguement quite badly. NEXT year (this is what the thread is about, 2007) Kinsler will put up better numbers then Kendrick

If you really want, I'll take Kendrick in that bet, provided both get 400 plate appearances in '07. Howie, 11 for 24 since his recall, will outrun and hit for a higher avg. than Kinsler. I'm not even a Kendrick fan, but the kid can flat out rake.

The thing is there is no guarantee on the # of at bats, as well as which "rank" you're going by. If the stats are close it will be an opinion issue resulting in a wash. But sure, we'll make a gentlemen's bet when this discussion comes up next year for Kinsler/Kendrick.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:06 pm

There is no comp in my mind between the two.

I'd rather Kendrick in a heartbeat. You can't dismiss his minor league numbers and emphasize the minute sample of at bats he has had this year while being shuffled around the infield.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:59 pm

I think Barfield is pissed he's not gotten more attention in this thread; he just had his 38th and 39th July hits today...both homeruns.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mikekim2121 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:52 am

davidmarver wrote:I think Barfield is pissed he's not gotten more attention in this thread; he just had his 38th and 39th July hits today...both homeruns.

Your nice little stadium is probably a big reason why. But I do agree he should get some more consideration on this list.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers