2007 2B Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 2B Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:10 pm

Figgins definitely needs to be on this list, as he will qualify there next year, so for fantasy purposes he is a 2B.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:56 pm

Uggla is getting a lot more love than I expected. He's having a great season but looking at his minor league numbers it looks like a fluke. I'm going to be really interested in seeing how he finishes out the year.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:04 pm

Looks like next year will be a year to sit back and wait on the 2nd basemen to run out and take Iguchi and his 290 average and decent numbers.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:31 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:Felipe Lopez and Bill Hall don't have eligibility. Sanchez & Freel do.

1. Utley (avg, R, HR, RBI, minimal SB)
2. Figgins (avg, R, +SB)
3. Weeks (avg, R, some power, SB)
4. Uggla (avg, HR, RBI)0
5. Giles (avg, R, some power, some SB)
6. Cantu (avg, HR, RBI)
7. Roberts (avg, R, +SB)
8. Sanchez (avg)
9. Kendrick (supposed 5 tools, we'll see how the season ends)
10. Kent (old and declining)
11. Iguchi (avg, middle of the road power and speed)
12. Freel (avg, R, +SB)
13. Barfield (avg, R, SB, some power)
14. Kinsler (avg, R)
15. Cano (avg, R, some RBI and pop)

But is there really that much difference between 2 and 15? All these guys can be 290 to 300 avg guys, R and SB with average power guys or HR & RBI with minimal speed guys.

wheres phillips :-? hes easily top 7-8 i think it would be more along the lines of 3-15 are similar.. after utley and figgins.. move kendrick down he has proven nothing, same with barfield and freel...
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Blue Bear » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Zito is God wrote:
tol1l1yboy wrote:
I very much doubt that would happen. Kinsler has shown more in the majors, has the better lineup, and plays in the better park. I really don't see the arguement for kendrick other then homers and those who drafted him for their farm ssytems in keeper leagues because he was high on the prospect list.

7 home runs and 27 rbis in 200 at bats and people are acting like he is the second coming. Hell double his numbers and give him 400 plate appearances and Uggla of all people is still better than him.

Kendrick is a better prospect b/c he is a better player. By all means question Kendrick but he is just now getting a fair shake and I think in 2 to 3 years there will be no question that Kendrick is a top 5 second baseman. Kinsler might not even be playing 2nd by then.

I wouldnt keep either of them since I play in a 5 man keeper league but I did grab Kendrick when he was brought up and have to say I have liked what I have seen since then. I will probably draft Kendrick next year if I can (assuming some tool doesnt draft him way too high) b/c he is the real deal. Kinsler might be playing in Texas and in a "better lineup" but Ill take a stud playing in a good lineup over an average player in a great lineup every day.

For the record I would rate Kendrick, Weeks, Lopez, Cano, Barfield and Cantu higher than Kinsler for the under 25 second baseman next year.

Wow, hypocricy certainly reigns in your arguement. You say Kinsler has shown his stuff in limited at bats, guess what, Kedrick has showed NOTHING in his limited at bats.

Don't bring Uggla into the arguement considering he was not part of it to begin with, he is not who we are comparing.

Oh, btw, this thread is about NEXT year, not 2-3 years from now buddy, so lets not stretch it where this discussion was never meant to go.

Your "stud" so far has done nothing in the majors while my "average" player has shown signs of ability. Your "stud" is based on minor league numbers while my "average" player is going from what he has shown in the majors (impressive approach vs. Mariano tonight as well).

If you're going based on a hunch and some minor league numbers that have not translated into the majors yet as your ONLY sources then I would say you lose this arguement quite badly. NEXT year (this is what the thread is about, 2007) Kinsler will put up better numbers then Kendrick.

You are arguing a case on future vs. now and you don't seem to realize that we are discussing now. I don't doubt that kendrick is the better prospect (whether it pans out is what we'll see), and he was also ranked much higher on all prospect lists coming in, but Kinsler has adapted better, has more major league at bats, and has shown more signs of "getting" the game at that level so far then Kendrick has.

ZIG, maybe you should change your name to, "I Think I am God."
Blue Bear
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Blue Bear » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:00 pm

I'm putting my vote in for Kendrick over Kinsler next year. I would risk his limited playing time and production from this year versus his potential to be a great 2B. Plus, I play in a keeper league so that probably affects my perspective.
Blue Bear
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ukrneal » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:00 pm

After the top 3, it's really a crapshoot as to who will stand out next year. Maybe a few guys will play a few games at 2b and get some position eligibility.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:06 pm

ZIG wrote:If you're going based on a hunch and some minor league numbers that have not translated into the majors yet as your ONLY sources then I would say you lose this arguement quite badly. NEXT year (this is what the thread is about, 2007) Kinsler will put up better numbers then Kendrick

If you really want, I'll take Kendrick in that bet, provided both get 400 plate appearances in '07. Howie, 11 for 24 since his recall, will outrun and hit for a higher avg. than Kinsler. I'm not even a Kendrick fan, but the kid can flat out rake.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:27 pm

Something about Kendrick too is that his HR last night was opposite field. I really like the fact that a 2B can hit the ball out opposite field.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:25 pm

Blue Bear wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
tol1l1yboy wrote:
I very much doubt that would happen. Kinsler has shown more in the majors, has the better lineup, and plays in the better park. I really don't see the arguement for kendrick other then homers and those who drafted him for their farm ssytems in keeper leagues because he was high on the prospect list.

7 home runs and 27 rbis in 200 at bats and people are acting like he is the second coming. Hell double his numbers and give him 400 plate appearances and Uggla of all people is still better than him.

Kendrick is a better prospect b/c he is a better player. By all means question Kendrick but he is just now getting a fair shake and I think in 2 to 3 years there will be no question that Kendrick is a top 5 second baseman. Kinsler might not even be playing 2nd by then.

I wouldnt keep either of them since I play in a 5 man keeper league but I did grab Kendrick when he was brought up and have to say I have liked what I have seen since then. I will probably draft Kendrick next year if I can (assuming some tool doesnt draft him way too high) b/c he is the real deal. Kinsler might be playing in Texas and in a "better lineup" but Ill take a stud playing in a good lineup over an average player in a great lineup every day.

For the record I would rate Kendrick, Weeks, Lopez, Cano, Barfield and Cantu higher than Kinsler for the under 25 second baseman next year.

Wow, hypocricy certainly reigns in your arguement. You say Kinsler has shown his stuff in limited at bats, guess what, Kedrick has showed NOTHING in his limited at bats.

Don't bring Uggla into the arguement considering he was not part of it to begin with, he is not who we are comparing.

Oh, btw, this thread is about NEXT year, not 2-3 years from now buddy, so lets not stretch it where this discussion was never meant to go.

Your "stud" so far has done nothing in the majors while my "average" player has shown signs of ability. Your "stud" is based on minor league numbers while my "average" player is going from what he has shown in the majors (impressive approach vs. Mariano tonight as well).

If you're going based on a hunch and some minor league numbers that have not translated into the majors yet as your ONLY sources then I would say you lose this arguement quite badly. NEXT year (this is what the thread is about, 2007) Kinsler will put up better numbers then Kendrick.

You are arguing a case on future vs. now and you don't seem to realize that we are discussing now. I don't doubt that kendrick is the better prospect (whether it pans out is what we'll see), and he was also ranked much higher on all prospect lists coming in, but Kinsler has adapted better, has more major league at bats, and has shown more signs of "getting" the game at that level so far then Kendrick has.

ZIG, maybe you should change your name to, "I Think I am God."

Nice mature comment and contribution that was absolutely relevant to the kinsler/kendrick arguement and was absolutely called for. *extreme sarcasm* :-/

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers