2007 2B Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 2B Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tommy John » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:13 am

I'm not for sure where this was but how does moving Barfield from the 8th spot to the leadoff help his RBI chances for next year??
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:29 am

tol1l1yboy wrote:
I very much doubt that would happen. Kinsler has shown more in the majors, has the better lineup, and plays in the better park. I really don't see the arguement for kendrick other then homers and those who drafted him for their farm ssytems in keeper leagues because he was high on the prospect list.

7 home runs and 27 rbis in 200 at bats and people are acting like he is the second coming. Hell double his numbers and give him 400 plate appearances and Uggla of all people is still better than him.

Kendrick is a better prospect b/c he is a better player. By all means question Kendrick but he is just now getting a fair shake and I think in 2 to 3 years there will be no question that Kendrick is a top 5 second baseman. Kinsler might not even be playing 2nd by then.

I wouldnt keep either of them since I play in a 5 man keeper league but I did grab Kendrick when he was brought up and have to say I have liked what I have seen since then. I will probably draft Kendrick next year if I can (assuming some tool doesnt draft him way too high) b/c he is the real deal. Kinsler might be playing in Texas and in a "better lineup" but Ill take a stud playing in a good lineup over an average player in a great lineup every day.

For the record I would rate Kendrick, Weeks, Lopez, Cano, Barfield and Cantu higher than Kinsler for the under 25 second baseman next year.

Wow, hypocricy certainly reigns in your arguement. You say Kinsler has shown his stuff in limited at bats, guess what, Kedrick has showed NOTHING in his limited at bats.

Don't bring Uggla into the arguement considering he was not part of it to begin with, he is not who we are comparing.

Oh, btw, this thread is about NEXT year, not 2-3 years from now buddy, so lets not stretch it where this discussion was never meant to go.

Your "stud" so far has done nothing in the majors while my "average" player has shown signs of ability. Your "stud" is based on minor league numbers while my "average" player is going from what he has shown in the majors (impressive approach vs. Mariano tonight as well).

If you're going based on a hunch and some minor league numbers that have not translated into the majors yet as your ONLY sources then I would say you lose this arguement quite badly. NEXT year (this is what the thread is about, 2007) Kinsler will put up better numbers then Kendrick.

You are arguing a case on future vs. now and you don't seem to realize that we are discussing now. I don't doubt that kendrick is the better prospect (whether it pans out is what we'll see), and he was also ranked much higher on all prospect lists coming in, but Kinsler has adapted better, has more major league at bats, and has shown more signs of "getting" the game at that level so far then Kendrick has.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:03 am

Tommy John wrote:I'm not for sure where this was but how does moving Barfield from the 8th spot to the leadoff help his RBI chances for next year??

When he's up with RISP he's pitched around. He's not going to get pitched around at leadoff, and he's going to be coming up after the pitcher moved any runners over, so he'll have a decent amount of at bats with RISP.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:19 am

what i dont get is the fact that 2 months never kept anyone from drafting one player over another. was it really necessary to bring up age in the cano vs barfield argument?
Last edited by Snakes Gould on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:21 am

Snakes Gould wrote:what i dont get is the fact that 2 months never really kept anyone from drafting one player over another. was it realyl necessary to bring up age in the cano vs barfield argument?

just an act of desperation i suppose.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:23 am

I like Kendrick over Kinsler right now, but I have to admit that part of that is from my pre-season rankings... and I haven't really had time to look at season stats yet. Kinsler has had an impressive start to his career in Texas, and Kendrick did go something like 2 for 32 in his first stint up, but he wasn't handed a starting job and now that he is starting everyday he is showing his worth. I think Kendrick will hit better than Kinsler next year and for the remainder of this year. Why do I think that? Because Kinsler's AAA numbers last year don't come close to Kendrick's AAA numbers this year, and unless Kinser played in the International League (which I don't think he did) then they were playing the same teams in the same league, so I think that would be a good place to talk comparisons.
Edit:
Kinsler's 05 AAA stats: In 530 AB he hit .274 with 23 homers and 19 SB
Kendrick's 06 AAA stats: 290 AB .369 with 13 HR, 11 SB... of the 2 I'll take Kendrick
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby houstonoilers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:47 am

jake_harv88 wrote:booo to loretta being a top 10 2B. ...

Loretta should be out of there

I think Kinsler batting at Ameriquest and hopefully in front of Young, Tex and the Hammer will be HUGE next year.

Loretta is a great 2B just not one with alot of fantasy value, IMO.
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tramplers » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:38 am

How about Burke? He is in the wings just waiting for Biggio to retire. They are trying to get him playing time at 2nd and the OF until then. He is a definate .300, 20/20 hitter and could develope into more.
Tramplers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:38 am

Here's who I would want on my squad in 07 off top of head:

1. Utley
2. Figgins
3. Sanchez (if he gets the eligibility)
4. Roberts
5. Uggla
6. Giles
7. Kendrick
8. Hall
9. Freel (eligible?)
10. Iguchi
11. Weeks
12. Barfield
13. Kent
14. Lopez
15. Durham
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:05 pm

Felipe Lopez and Bill Hall don't have eligibility. Sanchez & Freel do.

1. Utley (avg, R, HR, RBI, minimal SB)
2. Figgins (avg, R, +SB)
3. Weeks (avg, R, some power, SB)
4. Uggla (avg, HR, RBI)0
5. Giles (avg, R, some power, some SB)
6. Cantu (avg, HR, RBI)
7. Roberts (avg, R, +SB)
8. Sanchez (avg)
9. Kendrick (supposed 5 tools, we'll see how the season ends)
10. Kent (old and declining)
11. Iguchi (avg, middle of the road power and speed)
12. Freel (avg, R, +SB)
13. Barfield (avg, R, SB, some power)
14. Kinsler (avg, R)
15. Cano (avg, R, some RBI and pop)

But is there really that much difference between 2 and 15? All these guys can be 290 to 300 avg guys, R and SB with average power guys or HR & RBI with minimal speed guys.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers